• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClearSky errors and customer service.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClearSky errors and customer service.

I thought the forums would appreciate an update, I recently had an huge issue with ClearSky (see link below)
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...or-advice.html

I had figures through that came as a massive shock, I was told I owed a large amount of money and couldn't understand why. I took the advice of the forums, I requested all my raw data and signed up to a service like FreeAgent, I spent a lot of time inputting all this data and discovered a huge error of about £6000.

It turns out the ClearSky had applied £6000 of dividends to the last financial year AND this financial year in error. This is why there was this massive shock and why I couldn't understand what was going on. Essentially I had to play the role of accountant, discover the error and then get them to fix it. I've asked for them to take some responsibility for this - no surprise they haven't even apologised.

My advice, to anyone reading this next time I plan to use a company like Crunch and/or an accounting using software like FreeAgent - this way you can see what's happening. ClearSky, from my experience, are a joke.

Originally posted by contractUKonline View Post
    I thought the forums would appreciate an update, I recently had an huge issue with ClearSky (see link below)
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...or-advice.html

I had figures through that came as a massive shock, I was told I owed a large amount of money and couldn't understand why. I took the advice of the forums, I requested all my raw data and signed up to a service like FreeAgent, I spent a lot of time inputting all this data and discovered a huge error of about £6000.

It turns out the ClearSky had applied £6000 of dividends to the last financial year AND this financial year in error. This is why there was this massive shock and why I couldn't understand what was going on. Essentially I had to play the role of accountant, discover the error and then get them to fix it. I've asked for them to take some responsibility for this - no surprise they haven't even apologised.

My advice, to anyone reading this next time I plan to use a company like Crunch and/or an accounting using software like FreeAgent - this way you can see what's happening. ClearSky, from my experience, are a joke.
    In Clearsky's defence it is not their fault that you chose them as your accountants!

Like any normal business person, I'm assuming you drew up a short list of potential suppliers, you called them and then chose Clearsky as they were the best value for money based on YOUR research and questioning?

If not, how on earth did you end up with them? Was it the agency that forced you to use them? Was it the individual agent that you were dealing with that forced you to use them? Did he/she hold a gun to your head?

I would say at least 50% of the horry stories we hear on here are simply result the business owner simply not bothering to do any basic research and due diligence. The other 50% being the result of the conservatives/HMRC!

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
      In Clearsky's defence it is not their fault that you chose them as your accountants!
      Brilliant, so let me get your the logic of your sentiment clear:
      You're telling me that their errors are my fault as I chose them as as accountants...

So it's well known that they're awful and it's my error that I chose to go with a company that's such a mess?

Comment

Like any normal business person, I'm assuming you drew up a short list of potential suppliers, you called them and then chose Clearsky as they were the best value for money based on YOUR research and questioning?

If not, how on earth did you end up with them? Was it the agency that forced you to use them? Was it the individual agent that you were dealing with that forced you to use them? Did he/she hold a gun to your head?

I would say at least 50% of the horry stories we hear on here are simply result the business owner simply not bothering to do any basic research and due diligence. The other 50% being the result of the conservatives/HMRC!
        Twaddle.

An accountant should be able to do accounts. It's very simple.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Twaddle.

Exactly while diligence as a director of a Limited company does apply so does the saying 'why get a dog and bark yourself'!

Comment

Originally posted by contractUKonline View Post
            Brilliant, so let me get your the logic of your sentiment clear:
            You're telling me that their errors are my fault as I chose them as as accountants...

So it's well known that they're awful and it's my error that I chose to go with a company that's such a mess?
            I'm not saying you are entirely to blame, but you have a very big part to play in the mess given that you appointed them.

A bit like buying a car with 100,000 miles on the clock and then moaning it has broken down- what did you expect?

All I'm saying is a bit of research would have paid dividends- pun intended!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Twaddle.

"Should" is the key word in all of this.

You get what you pay for.

I'm convinced the OP did very little to no research before making his appointment.

Comment

"Should" is the key word in all of this.

You get what you pay for.

I'm convinced the OP did very little to no research before making his appointment.
                keep digging, you would be surprised how many people pick their accountant based on recommendation from agents...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Why did you pick Clearsky? I'm guessing that you're agency suggested them and that you're paying over £200 per month in fees.
                  "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

All I'm saying is a bit of research would have paid dividends- pun intended!
                    Nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X