• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bungle's Twanger!! LOL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bungle's Twanger!! LOL

They don't make 'em like that anymore!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Old but gold!

Comment

If you tried to broadcast that now you'd be on a register before you could say "Roger the cabin boy".
      But did it do us any harm at the time? We asked a hundred social workers, and our survey said...."

(Another 70's TV reference, for the benefit of the young and uneducated).

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Was pretty funny when I first saw this...about 15 years ago! (It wasn't broadcast).

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          If you tried to broadcast that now you'd be on a register before you could say "Roger the cabin boy".
          But did it do us any harm at the time? We asked a hundred social workers, and our survey said...."

(Another 70's TV reference, for the benefit of the young and uneducated).

Your reference is an urban myth. The cabin boy was called Tom.

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(TV_series)

Yup looks like it was a spoof that got on the internet.

good though
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 April 2017, 16:53.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              I know it is, and he was, but it's still funny to think we all believed the myths, even though we actually watched the programme. I was going to say "watched the programme at the time" but I've just checked on IMDB, and it turns out they stopped making it in 1966. Three years before I was born. So what I actually watched (circa 1974+) was the umpteenth repeat of an umpteenth repeat. Happy days though.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                I know it is, and he was, but it's still funny to think we all believed the myths, even though we actually watched the programme. I was going to say "watched the programme at the time" but I've just checked on IMDB, and it turns out they stopped making it in 1966. Three years before I was born. So what I actually watched (circa 1974+) was the umpteenth repeat of an umpteenth repeat. Happy days though.
                Mandela effect maybe?

Comment

Was pretty funny when I first saw this...about 15 years ago! (It wasn't broadcast).
                  Ok, it's still ******* funny.

Comment

And there was no Seaman Staines or Master Bate either.....
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X