• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Dating Game

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dating Game

Any of you lot ever been on Tinder, Match.com etc?

Just wondering what to do in the situation when the profile of your date and reality are two completely different things.

In my case, the date that had been texting me sweet nothings all week turned up in a track suit and looked like a truck driver.

I couldn't wait to get my dinner down my neck and get out of there.

Maybe I should have just dumped her in the car park and gone straight home?

IMO either
    1- Get hammered so she looks less bad (although this ended badly for me once)

2- Make a good excuse and go. Maybe get someone to emergency call you.

Comment

Any bloke who goes out on a date with someone he doesn't know or hasn't met and doesn't have the 'emergency call' organised in advance is borderline stupid.....sorry
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Any bloke who goes out on a date with someone he doesn't know or hasn't met and doesn't have the 'emergency call' organised in advance is borderline stupid
        Or a desperate old fart who will try anything.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Or a desperate old fart who will try anything.
          Even a desperate old fart who would try anything should be sensible enough to plan an escape route.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

All my dates went fine, but I felt like I had to wade through a lot of craziness. Highlight was a girl who declined every "date" idea I had - I got the hint and left it. Woke up the next morning to a a multi-page e-mail message ranging from all men are bastards to "am I really so ugly that you won't even come out for a drink with me".

This was in the early 000's, though - I image it moves a bit faster now. There was a lot of e-mailing and faffing back then. And I'm sure it's ten times worse for women, tbh. I met/dated more people, and my eventual wife, in day to day life than I ever did using online dating.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              All my dates went fine, but I felt like I had to wade through a lot of craziness. Highlight was a girl who declined every "date" idea I had - I got the hint and left it. Woke up the next morning to a a multi-page e-mail message ranging from all men are bastards to "am I really so ugly that you won't even come out for a drink with me".

This was in the early 000's, though - I image it moves a bit faster now. There was a lot of e-mailing and faffing back then. And I'm sure it's ten times worse for women, tbh. I met/dated more people, and my eventual wife, in day to day life than I ever did using online dating.
              I have at least 3 tinder dates that can top that

1. Boisdales in canary wharf, I had booked a romanic table overlooking the fountain, Champagne and Oysters on the table awaiting her arrival (normal day really)

she turns up with a scruffy middle aged "Male" friend

"ohh do you mind, I was going out the door and Mike popped round - so I brought him with me"

The head waiter bursts out laughing as he fetches another chair (to this day, he cant keep a straight face when I go in)

Scruffy mike looks at the menu as asks if the bread is free !!!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                I have at least 3 tinder dates that can top that

1. Boisdales in canary wharf, I had booked a romanic table overlooking the fountain, Champagne and Oysters on the table awaiting her arrival (normal day really)

she turns up with a scruffy middle aged "Male" friend

"ohh do you mind, I was going out the door and Mike popped round - so I brought him with me"

The head waiter bursts out laughing as he fetches another chair (to this day, he cant keep a straight face when I go in)

Scruffy mike looks at the menu as asks if the bread is free !!!

Maybe a good reason for meeting up at a Wetherspoons for the 1st date...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Make sure you get two references, if you're only looking for a short term one, check the substitution clause.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    Any bloke who goes out on a date with someone he doesn't know or hasn't met and doesn't have the 'emergency call' organised in advance is borderline stupid.....sorry
                    Balls. Being honest is the only way to enter or leave any relationship or encounter.

Nothing wrong with a "You look like a moose and can pay for your own drinks", followed by a swift exit.

Comment

Working...
                    X