• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any good resources for a friend who would like to rent to a contractor(s)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good resources for a friend who would like to rent to a contractor(s)?

Hi,

A friend of mine has a large flat (4 bed) to rent and wondered if there were any decent places to advertise other than spareroom.co.uk? She's based in Cheltenham so plenty of commerce, engineering, gchq etc. as sources of potential renters.

What sites do you use for looking for accommodation?

TIA

Originally posted by potatan View Post
    Hi,

A friend of mine has a large flat (4 bed) to rent and wondered if there were any decent places to advertise other than spareroom.co.uk? She's based in Cheltenham so plenty of commerce, engineering, gchq etc. as sources of potential renters.

TIA
    If its of any benefit, I recently needed to look for a room and the first place I went to was spareroom.com. Worked well for me. I went to see several places before I decided as there are all sorts on there.

Comment

Another alternative to spareroom is Rent a Room Monday to Friday. Started out as a site for people to rent rooms from Monday to Friday, not sure if they do monthly etc now.

Comment

Is she renting the whole flat or rooms?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Is she renting the whole flat or rooms?
          how many down at heel contractor subbies could the Mrs fit in there?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            how many down at heel contractor subbies could the Mrs fit in there?
            You read my mind.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I use the ritz website for accommodation. At a push a Hilton but that’s a real push.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I use the ritz website for accommodation.
                Getting old and needing help now....?

Comment

Originally posted by potatan View Post
                  Hi,

TIA
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    She's just looking to rent it at some point in the future, not just yet. I'm looking for avenues for her to advertise to a reliable crowd of potential IT contractors, as she has previously let it to gangs of builders, solar panel installers, that sort of thing - and it's been problematic at times.

Comment

Working...
                    X