• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, Shocked I tell you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocked, Shocked I tell you

One in five people arrested in Britain are foreign, one every three minutes | Daily Mail Online

One in five people arrested in Britain are foreign: Crime tourism spikes as police figures reveal an overseas suspect is seized every three minutes
    Some 172,732 of the 931,155 people arrested in 2016-17 were foreign nationals
    This was a sharp increase from 16 per cent the previous year, figures showed
    In London the percentage was up to one third of all arrested
    Criminals came to Britain after serving time in homelands, then committed more
    That represented a sharp increase from 16 per cent the previous year, according to internal figures collated by the ACRO Criminal Records Office from police forces around the country.

In London, as many as a third of all suspects are from overseas and foreign nationals now comprise 11 per cent of the prison population in England and Wales.

Last month, a Lithuanian gang was jailed for an audacious 'awayday' raid on a family jewellers in Cornwall.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

It wouldn't pander to the DM readership to have the headline read "Four out of five people arrested in Britain are British." Must have something about those damned foreigners to continue whipping up the hatred eh?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      It wouldn't pander to the DM readership to have the headline read "Four out of five people arrested in Britain are British." Must have something about those damned foreigners to continue whipping up the hatred eh?
      seriously you are that stupid??

Comment

Nothing like a bit of trivial news to blow up out of proportion, get on the soap box and get outraged.

A political commentator hit the nail on the head, when he said that the world in 20 years time will look more like that of Obama than Trump. That is the inevitable trend. Rightwing outrage won't change that.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_groups_in_London

"At the 2011 census, London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe."

One assumes the figure of foreign born Londoners is higher now.

Conclusion - in London, foreigners are less likely to commit crime than British born?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

"At the 2011 census, London had a population of 8,173,941. Of this number, 44.9% were White British. 37% of the population were born outside the UK, including 24.5% born outside of Europe."

Conclusion - in London, foreigners are less likely to commit crime than British born?

Doh! Poor old vetran (sic), thick as mince and not afraid to show it.
            Like most Brexiters, numbers, proportions and ratio calculations are beyond him.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I'm seriously starting to think you are though. Read this story from your favourite foreigner hating, young woman fancying, hate filled newspaper and tell me what is wrong with it:

Ministers launch blitz on Brits who claim benefits while living abroad | Daily Mail Online
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm seriously starting to think you are though. Read this story from your favourite foreigner hating, young woman fancying, hate filled newspaper and tell me what is wrong with it:

Ministers launch blitz on Brits who claim benefits while living abroad | Daily Mail Online
                Starting? Starting? Where have you been all this time? Vetran is a fully paid-up member of the dunderhead brigade.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

In London, as many as a third of all suspects are from overseas and foreign nationals now comprise 11 per cent of the prison population in England and Wales.
                  hmm no

Born abroad doesn't mean foreign as Boris will tell you. You can be sure those with British nationality are in the British figures.

Comment

oh Benefit Fraud is higher than they thought - again shocked!

Comment

Working...
                    X