• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What spirits would go with passion fruit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What spirits would go with passion fruit?

I've a bottle of Tesco finest passion fruit coulis. Used a bit for a dessert but I feel it could be wonderful in a cocktail... But what? I wondered if it would work in a g&t.

Recipe suggestions welcome
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Don't know about spirits but if you have bootie of champers to spare it makes a mean Bellini.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

George Michael was a passionate fruit, so I imagine his spirit would go well with it. Especially when you factor in his experience at Club Tropicana.

HTH

Comment

White rum might work, but could be a bit sweet. Otherwise vodka seems the natural choice.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Try a Passionfruit Collins. It's a Tom Collins with passionfruit. Though quite why your butler isn't telling you this is beyond me.

Comment

A P*rnstar Martini is the most common passion fruit cocktail. They use vanilla flavoured vodka.

I grow passion fruit in my back garden. Normally we only get three or four fruit and lots of flowers but because of the weather this summer we have loads of the things. Need another couple of weeks' sun to get them to ripen.
            Last edited by Lockhouse; 22 August 2018, 07:30. Reason: Speling
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Definitely not gin.

First option would be vodka. Other choice would be champagne.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Depends on how big your glass is and how many spirits you have handy.....All of them

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  A P*rnstar Martini is the most common passion fruit cocktail. They use vanilla flavoured vodka.

I grow passion fruit in my back garden. Normally we only get three or four fruit and lots of flowers but because of the weather this summer we have loads of the things. Need another couple of weeks' sun to get them to ripen.
                  Aha, I never knew that's what a PS Martini was. I'll look up a recipe. Vodka goes with everything so it seemed a bit of a boring option but bringing in vanilla/raspberry could be good and champagne definitely sounds great.
                  I reckon tequila might work (if you like tequila).

Never knew passion fruit grew in the UK either - if you live in the uK that is?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Never knew passion fruit grew in the UK either - if you live in the uK that is?
                    The flowers grow in the UK fairly easily (in fact they can be a bit of a weed at times), getting the fruit to form and ripen, you'll probably want to be in the south with a warm garden. The flowers are fairly spectacular, you may have seen them before and not realise what the plant was, maybe even thought it was some sort of clematis
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X