• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ask local MP to support the motion to delay the Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask local MP to support the motion to delay the Loan Charge

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware, there is a debate in the main chamber tomorrow on the introduction of the Loan Charge. I'm led to believe it's going to be the first of the day. Has anyone emailed/phoned their MP to ask them to support the motion to delay the Loan Charge?

General debate on the introduction of the 2019 loan charge - News from Parliament - UK Parliament

I read through the transcript, and although the debate is strongly anti-LoanCharge, I wasn't sure what to make of the fact that the debate just stops. No discussion of actions or next steps. So I'm not sure what was gained? Lots of MPs that were already anti-LC, discussing how bad the LC is.

Comment

Unfortunately the leak suspended it, am I right in thinking Mel Stride was planning on making a response in the commons?

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
        I read through the transcript, and although the debate is strongly anti-LoanCharge, I wasn't sure what to make of the fact that the debate just stops. No discussion of actions or next steps. So I'm not sure what was gained? Lots of MPs that were already anti-LC, discussing how bad the LC is.
        I watched the debate live - it stops because the roof of the chamber started leaking. Looks like Mel Stride wriggled off the hook again
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Iter View Post
          Unfortunately the leak suspended it, am I right in thinking Mel Stride was planning on making a response in the commons?
          I think that's the norm - he sits there and listens to the debate and then puts his point of view forward. The MP's can raise questions during this. But he didn't have to because of the dodgy roof
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

So does the debate get unsuspended after they fix the leak then? Or is it just tough luck, and on to the next topic?

Comment

So does the debate get unsuspended after they fix the leak then? Or is it just tough luck, and on to the next topic?
              Continues next Thursday 3pm. Not the best time slot but nothing we can do.

Please contact any supportive mps and get them to attend.

Comment

It's back on for the 11th.

Comment

But the deadline to pay is today, right?
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    But the deadline to pay is today, right?
                    No. Please look for more details. Today is deadline for at least making contact about settling.

Comment

Working...
                    X