• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in Dublin with a UK limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working in Dublin with a UK limited company

Have a UK company.

Does anyone know if I was to be on site with the client in Dublin at which point I'd become eligible for Irish tax? I've read 30 days, 90 days, 183 days.

Also how does paying this tax work if I already pay UK corporation tax, and dividend tax?

I know there are a few threads on this, I've used the search, but nothing came up in the last year or so and I'm trying to get a current opinion.

Thanks

Contracting in Ireland with a UK Limited Company – Guide to Irish Tax | Fenero personal tax services
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

General rule is that you pay income tax where the work is done and tax on your worldwide income where you're resident. There are specific rules. The general rule is probably applicable here. In other words, you'll most likely be taxed on any work done in Ireland at Irish income tax rates from day 1, not day 30, or 60 or 90 or 183. IIRC, contracting through a corporate structure isn't really viable in Ireland. Using your UK company probably isn't viable at all and it would bring that into Irish jurisdiction too. In any case, you'll pay tax in Ireland according to the rules there.

Old Greg or stek or someone else that has worked over there may be along with more details...

Comment

This is the correct info.

I have an Irish Ltd BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          This is the correct info.

I have an Irish Ltd BTW.
          Interesting. So it's pretty relaxed for short contracts...

I assume there's no tax advantage of having an Irish Ltd for longer contracts (just the liability advantage) or has that changed?

Comment

Thanks so looks like I'm good. I won't be there much.

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
              Thanks so looks like I'm good. I won't be there much.
              Make sure you've properly priced overnight stay expenses, particularly if in Dublin.

Comment

Will do.

Just to prep for future possibilities, any idea on the name of the form I'd need to use to apply for exemption on the 60 to 183 day scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by genius View Post
                  Will do.

Just to prep for future possibilities, any idea on the name of the form I'd need to use to apply for exemption on the 60 to 183 day scenario?
                  No, sorry. You may find what you need on revenue.ie

I have no idea what No Deal Brexit would mean. The rights of British citizens to work and live in Ireland are guaranteed. Not sure about UK Ltd companies. Given that UK driving licences will lot be valid, it's worth investigating.

Comment

Working...
                  X