• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3D Secure/Taking credit card payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Secure/Taking credit card payments

Morning All...

So a quick question - we currently take credit card payments on our website - and we need to upgrade to make it '3d secure' (whatever that is! )

Anyway we have been given a quote that this is going to take 4 people 4 weeks to do (which is a total of 80 man days..)

This seems a bit steep when in reality all we are doing is handing off to the payment gateway which actually handles the payments.

Anyone got any ideas of whether we are being led a merry dance or not?

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Morning All...

So a quick question - we currently take credit card payments on our website - and we need to upgrade to make it '3d secure' (whatever that is! )

Anyway we have been given a quote that this is going to take 4 people 4 weeks to do (which is a total of 80 man days..)

This seems a bit steep when in reality all we are doing is handing off to the payment gateway which actually handles the payments.

Anyone got any ideas of whether we are being led a merry dance or not?
    Who is your gateway provider? And are they the ones who are telling you it will take 80 days?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Who is your gateway provider? And are they the ones who are telling you it will take 80 days?
      Nope think gateway provide is MasterCard...

it is our internal 'digital/agile' team who are quoting that - generally thought is they are taking the piss and it is probably right....

Comment

Nope think gateway provide is MasterCard...

it is our internal 'digital/agile' team who are quoting that - generally thought is they are taking the piss and it is probably right....
        It might take four weeks with release cycles etc, however it won't take 80 days worth of effort unless you are paying Accenture or the like!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Are you sure they have not just put down 4 people involved in that project and it's expected to take 4 weeks. So a UI developer may take a couple of days to change the UI, another developer to do the main bulk of the work. Another does DB changes, testing etc?

I do remember 3D secure being a pain in the arse for a clients perm developers. But they had multiple credit card providers.

Comment

Standard api for MasterCard

What are they charging you for / should be seemless

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Are you sure they have not just put down 4 people involved in that project and it's expected to take 4 weeks. So a UI developer may take a couple of days to change the UI, another developer to do the main bulk of the work. Another does DB changes, testing etc?

I do remember 3D secure being a pain in the arse for a clients perm developers. But they had multiple credit card providers.
              Yeah we are asking them to confirm the 4 roles they need and justify each weeks work (e.g. what will they work on in week 1 for 37.5 hours) - we have no problem with it taking 4 weeks but we will not be using 4 people for the full 4 weeks each -so loathed to pay the £30k they are asking for.

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
              Standard api for MasterCard

What are they charging you for / should be seemless

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
              This is my view and thus why 4 people for 4 weeks is too much - I get the feeling we are being charged for them learning how to do it...

Comment

Yeah we are asking them to confirm the 4 roles they need and justify each weeks work (e.g. what will they work on in week 1 for 37.5 hours) - we have no problem with it taking 4 weeks but we will not be using 4 people for the full 4 weeks each -so loathed to pay the £30k they are asking for.

This is my view and thus why 4 people for 4 weeks is too much - I get the feeling we are being charged for them learning how to do it...
                Do you have a choice? Seems to me like intra-company political issue, more than a technical one.

Every time I have been prompted for 3D secure by a merchant, the prompt was looking as coming from the card processor, rather than the merchant website. I don't see how it could take much more than installing an update or ticking a box on the merchant side to turn it on.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                  Do you have a choice? Seems to me like intra-company political issue, more than a technical one.

Every time I have been prompted for 3D secure by a merchant, the prompt was looking as coming from the card processor, rather than the merchant website. I don't see how it could take much more than installing an update or ticking a box on the merchant side to turn it on.
                  I think this is exactly the problem - generally they are trying to overcharge us - 80 days at £700 per day - which is £56k - just for implementing a payment gateway.....

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

Yup pretty sure the 3DS page will come from card processor, last place I had involvement with this it was a check box to turn it on and page from the card processor was presented in an iframe, not sure if this would still be the case.

Comment

Working...
                    X