• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing agencies at the end of contract with the same client different department

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing agencies at the end of contract with the same client different department

Hi all,

Anybody has experienced with the above? My contract ends soon and there's an opportunity elsewhere with the same client though they require to go with another agency. The latter is also outside IR35 so quite keen to move over as otherwise I'm forced to go umbrella if I stay put. Not that this is the main reason in terms of how happy my current agency will be. Do I need to even tell them?

Cheers.

Originally posted by dbe View Post
    Hi all,

Anybody has experienced with the above? My contract ends soon and there's an opportunity elsewhere with the same client though they require to go with another agency. The latter is also outside IR35 so quite keen to move over as otherwise I'm forced to go umbrella if I stay put. Not that this is the main reason in terms of how happy my current agency will be. Do I need to even tell them?

Cheers.
    What does your contract say ?

Comment

Hi all,

Cheers.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What issue(s) does the client have with your current agency?

There is likely a clause in your contract saying you are tied in for 6/12 months after end of contract. I went permie earlier this year and the client paid off the agency.

You are probably looking at a whole heap of trouble.....

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
          What does your contract say ?
          It says that for 6 months after the end of the contract, the limited company shall not engage with the client in a similar contract of service without the employment agency prior agreement.

I don't want to get into too many details, but it's definitely a different role in a different department with technical knowledge that is not relevant in my current role.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            What issue(s) does the client have with your current agency?

There is likely a clause in your contract saying you are tied in for 6/12 months after end of contract. I went permie earlier this year and the client paid off the agency.

You are probably looking at a whole heap of trouble.....
            No issue. My current agency are fine. The other department has entered an exclusivity deal with a different agency.

Comment

Why do you think it will be an issue?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No issue. My current agency are fine. The other department has entered an exclusivity deal with a different agency.
                So, your current agency cannot offer that service is what you're saying. No problem them. If Shop A does not and cannot stock a product, Shop B it is.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If current agency is fine and ClientCo is fine, then you are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    If current agency is fine and ClientCo is fine, then you are fine.
                    They are fine meaning they are ok as an agency. I haven't spoken to them about this yet as I'm not sure if I have to based on what they say in the contract - if it's not a similar service to the end client and they can't provide it and it's the exclusivity of another agency.

Comment

Working...
                    X