• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice from India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invoice from India

I have a limited company registered in the UK. Recently, we plan to do some business with Indian freelancers. Is it ok to accept an invoice from India?
    In India, a private person can also provide service and issue an invoice even if he does not have a company registered (with income up to 20 lakh yearly). I was wondering if I can also accept invoices from those individuals? (from people who do not have a company)

Yes. Why wouldn't it? Based in the UK, Indian law is irrelevant to you, and self-employed people in the UK don't have companies and issue invoices to get paid.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It’s fine, but don’t forget to account for VAT under the reverse charge if you’re VAT registered. If you’re not the value of the services will count towards the registration threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by Eduhouse View Post
        I have a limited company registered in the UK. Recently, we plan to do some business with Indian freelancers.
        If the work happens to involve software development, make sure you've got someone you can trust to review the code they're producing on a regular basis, and the code is backed up somewhere in the UK which can't be touched by them.

Comment

Working...
        X