• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract notice

Can I ask your guys advice on the following clause in b2b contract

“ The Associate Company shall be engaged by xxx under this Agreement with effect from xxxxxx and to the dates specified in Schedule 1, unless and until terminated by the Client or Xxx, giving 20 working days’ written notice or by the Associate Company giving written notice and completing 20 working days on the Assignment. Such notice must be worked within a reasonable timeframe.

Does this mean that associate company is only required to give written notice as long as they have worked 20 days OR do they have to work 20 days after they have given notice?

Originally posted by Lancslad View Post
    Can I ask your guys advice on the following clause in b2b contract

“ The Associate Company shall be engaged by xxx under this Agreement with effect from xxxxxx and to the dates specified in Schedule 1, unless and until terminated by the Client or Xxx, giving 20 working days’ written notice or by the Associate Company giving written notice and completing 20 working days on the Assignment. Such notice must be worked within a reasonable timeframe.

Does this mean that associate company is only required to give written notice as long as they have worked 20 days OR do they have to work 20 days after they have given notice?
    It's very badly written but I suspect it's the latter..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      It's very badly written but I suspect it's the latter..
      I agree, I think what they are saying is:
      Even if you try to walk away before your first day on site, you are still expected to work 20 days
      and
      If you hand in your notice, but have already e.g. booked a 2 week holiday, then we’re still expecting 20 days work, on top of any time off.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I think it's very clear. And is the latter.

It's just pointing out that they expect 20 days of work after notice has been given. Probably to make sure that a sesnible handover is possible. Without doing the full 20 days I expect they'd refuse to pay a single day.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Wonder if they've been burned by some contractor giving notice and then saying they are unavailable for the duration.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So it's basically a month notice period

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              So it's basically a month notice period
              Although i those 20 days can be worked over the course of a "reasonable period"

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
                Although i those 20 days can be worked over the course of a "reasonable period"
                yes, but as the contract will be terminated 20 days after notice served, the only reasonable period is within those 20 days.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X