• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cant reclaim IPSE/QDOS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant reclaim IPSE/QDOS?

Morning
    I remember reading somewhere on here (I have tried searching but cant find it again) someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.

is this right?

Thanks MU

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
    Morning
    I remember reading somewhere on here (I have tried searching but cant find it again) someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.

is this right?

Thanks MU
    FAQs | IPSE
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Thats the one.
      Thanks

....so used to searching the forum it didnt actually occur to me to look on the actually orgs website

Comment

Morning

is this right?

Thanks MU
        IPSE is an odd one. I don't believe you are supposed to as its a personal subscription or summat.

QDOS however is insurance so doesn't attract VAT so there is none to reclaim.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Morning
          someone mentioning that you cant reclaim the VAT on an IPSE/QDOS subscription.
          is this right?
          VAT is 0 on my QDOS insurance package invoice, so nothing to reclaim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            IPSE is an odd one. I don't believe you are supposed to as its a personal subscription or summat.

QDOS however is insurance so doesn't attract VAT so there is none to reclaim.
            IPSE is a genuine business expense, since without the company you wouldn't need it. Therefore it is not a BIK, and VAT is obviously reclaimable. What you can't do - for some very real but arcane legal reasons from the early 1900s - is offset it against Corporation Tax.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              IPSE is a genuine business expense, since without the company you wouldn't need it. Therefore it is not a BIK, and VAT is obviously reclaimable. What you can't do - for some very real but arcane legal reasons from the early 1900s - is offset it against Corporation Tax.
              ^^ this

Comment

Working...
              X