• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More things I made

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More things I made

OK so with the continuing lockdown more stuff got made

I tried to put in the photos but for some reason it showed my name & stuff

So here is a link to Flickr

The new things are :

Laptop bag for a friend, its Italian calf & I can't over state how beautiful & soft this leather was to work with!

Infinity Picture - Done on the Cricut, card backing, then I added a pattern to an aluminium plate & engraved it & then a bass wood "frame" bass wood is a slightly denser balsa wood type of thing

LED SIgn - So this is a 3D & Cricut combo, I designed the base in tinkercad to hold an LED strip & battery box that I got from Amazon, then printed it, the acrylic is 2mm thick & engraved via the Cricut

So still a WIP but the Nerf / Warhammer 40k Bolter has been reassembled & it works, base coat of black & I have started the paint job

Is there any way of uploading photos to the forum, rather than via a website?
    Last edited by Halo Jones; 6 June 2020, 12:34. Reason: Flickr links had my IRL name in them
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Is there any way of uploading photos to the forum, rather than via a website?
    No, the forum doesn't have a way of hosting photos, but what you can do is if you go to the photo on flickr (only works when you're logged in and the photo is one of your own)
    Then on the bottom right is an option to download. click on that and you get a list of sizes to download.
    Click on the bottom option - View all sizes
    Then click on the size you want - I'd suggest going for 1024.
    Right click on the image and copy its address.
    Then you can paste it in as an IMG here...

Doesn't link back to your account, and saves people having to click through.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I tend to chuck stuff up on Imgur when I need to share a photo. I mark it as hidden so it's not visible on the site and then take the image URL.

Anyway, with the volume of your output, and all the previous stuff you've got on your Flickr album, it's better to link that so we can bask in your awesome making skills!

That bag is gorgeous!
      Last edited by ladymuck; 6 June 2020, 12:55.

Comment

Love your wanking gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Love your wanking gloves

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          Trust you!
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Ohh it works, thanks WTFH

Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

'To infinity and beyond'

Minutes from the last Bank of England meeting. Brrrrr
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Very, very impressive
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  'To infinity and beyond'

Minutes from the last Bank of England meeting. Brrrrr
                  Oi! Sod off and pollute someone else's thread!

Comment

That handbag looks sorta rude to me. Dirty old mind.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X