• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chris Grayling, it beggars belief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Grayling, it beggars belief

In any other country, they would call it corruption.

Ex-Transport Secretary Chris Grayling has landed a £100,000 job advising the owner of some of the UK's top ports.
    The Conservative MP is working for Hutchison Ports, which operates Harwich and Felixstowe among other terminals.
    According to the MPs' register of financial interests, he will be paid for seven hours work a week for a year.
    And remember...

The contracts, which Mr Grayling described as an insurance policy, were later cancelled. The National Audit Office estimated that the costs incurred to the taxpayer could be as high as £56.6m.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

This Tory Govt. insist on appointments of complete and utter Twunts, or through nepotism, to positions of national importance.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Provided he's out of harm's way from Parliament this is great news.

This bit tickled me...

The appointment has been approved by a Whitehall watchdog despite it raising concerns of a "perceived risk" that it may give the firm an unfair advantage.
      Oh, I don't think that's a problem at all. I'd be more worried if I was am employee - if the firm follows his advice they'll probably go bust before the next financial year.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That's about £300 an hour. Assuming he takes a few weeks holiday. Nice gig.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That's about £300 an hour. Assuming he takes a few weeks holiday. Nice gig.
          I am sure there will be no need for him to turn up for work, his knowledge of freight is zero.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

For those can't be bothered to read, here it is in picture format:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is what Britain (expect for Scotland) voted for in a landslide majority.

The poor in the north want the rich and privileged to become even more wealthy. I'm think of getting some poor Tory voters in to keep the house in order. Thought about cooking, but then I'm not sure their diet would be one to follow.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                This is what Britain (expect for Scotland and London) voted for in a landslide majority.

The poor in the north want the rich and privileged to become even more wealthy. I'm think of getting some poor Tory voters in to keep the house in order. Thought about cooking, but then I'm not sure their diet would be one to follow.
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  he will be paid for seven hours work a week for a year.
                  So not enough to do any serious damage then...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    So not enough to do any serious damage then...
                    Assuming they're not trusting him to lock up at night.

Comment

Working...
                    X