• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Register In Germany before brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Register In Germany before brexit.

Hi ,

Can someone please share knowledge on how to register in Germany before Brexit to get Residence permit and the biometric card.I have no intention to stay and work in Germany but would like to get Residence permit for me to work there in 2021 if things do turn bad here in UK.

Can this be achieved in a day trip or do they hold the passport for a while to be sent back with the residence sticker.

Thanks

I suspect you need a lot more than that - starting with a permanent address..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

First of all like in all other EU countries you have to live there before Dec 31st to get temporary residence and have proof you do so continuously for 5 years to get a permanent residency

Comment

I’m sure Germany would be very pleased to grant you rights to their market when you have no intentions to live there.....

This late in the day, your best bet is to find some details of your Irish grandparent you’d forgotten about. That will entitle you to an Irish passport.
        Other than that you’re gonna need a boat load of cash and invest it in Cyprus, Latvia or one of the other EU countries where your money is more important.

Note that Cyprus have had some recent history in just taking your money out their banks and spending it on debt so it’s not a plan without risk.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

You need a permanent address and you need to apply for a residence permit which will probably run into trouble if you're not actually working in Germany.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is this a serious question? Why do you think you should be given residency without having some decent ties to the country?

Comment

I think people have the idea that you can just go an get a residency permit in EU countries, since EU citizens can come to the UK immediately start claiming unemployment benefit and live here. It doesn't work like that in other places. For example, you may have to register with your local community, and then, when you've got a work contract, apply for the permit which is then automatically granted. If you don't find work within, e.g. 3 months, then bye-bye.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I think people have the idea that you can just go an get a residency permit in EU countries, since EU citizens can come to the UK immediately start claiming unemployment benefit and live here. It doesn't work like that in other places. For example, you may have to register with your local community, and then, when you've got a work contract, apply for the permit which is then automatically granted. If you don't find work within, e.g. 3 months, then bye-bye.
                The whole reason for Brexit is that Gordon and Tony didn't implement similar when it was suggested to do so back in 2005.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Is this a serious question? Why do you think you should be given residency without having some decent ties to the country?
                  No it's not. It's down right daft. Definitely one for general....
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    The whole reason for Brexit is that Gordon and Tony didn't implement similar when it was suggested to do so back in 2005.
                    That's not the whole reason.
                    Even if we'd done it, we don't seem to ever want to spend any money on enforcement of almost anything, unlike a lot of the rest of the EU.
                    Also in many EU countries the benefits systems rely on prior contributions.
                    We actually have quite a few structural differences.

Comment

Working...
                    X