• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rishi is fired

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rishi is fired

"Huge wealth of Rishi Sunak's family not declared in ministerial register

The chancellor, Rishi Sunak, is facing questions over the transparency of his financial affairs after a Guardian investigation established that his wife and her family hold a multimillion-pound portfolio of shareholdings and directorships that are not declared in the official register of ministers’ interests.

Akshata Murty, who married Sunak in 2009, is the daughter of one of India’s most successful entrepreneurs. Her father co-founded the technology giant Infosys, and her shares in the company are worth £430m, making her one of the wealthiest women in Britain, with a fortune larger than the Queen’s.

Sunak is bound by the ministerial code, which requires him to declare any financial interests that are “relevant” to his responsibilities, and which could conflict with his duty to the public. Ministers must also declare those interests of their close family, including siblings, parents, spouse and in-laws, which might give rise to a conflict.

But Sunak’s entry mentions no family members other than his wife, and only refers to her ownership of a small, UK-based venture capital company. Research by the Guardian shows that Murty and her family hold many other interests, including:"

Huge wealth of Rishi Sunak's family not declared in ministerial register | Politics | The Guardian

Well I guess that explains why somebody I've never heard of till this year became CoE

Due to the conflict of interest infosys should not be awarded any public sector IT contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
      Due to the conflict of interest infosys should not be awarded any public sector IT contracts.
      And a 5% annual wealth tax on those with over £100 mln (including all trusts/firms etc)

Comment

His wife's wealth is common knowledge and probably already inherited it before he even met her. I do not think her dad's wealth is going to cause conflict of interest, but will be interesting to see how Infosys will try and use him for various lobbying and customer deals.

One area where Infosys might benefit are relaxation of laws concerning the minimum salary requirements for skilled workers transferring from India to UK and also relaxation of various Tier level visas.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          I do not think her dad's wealth is going to cause conflict of interest
          Would he be an MP, nevermind CoE without it?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Would he be an MP, nevermind CoE without it?
            Not sure if his dad in law had an hand in getting him to be an MP, if he did, have to say that guy is good at playing high stakes poker.

Regards COE, if Sajid hadnt resigned it would have taken quite a few years before it was available.

But there are huge questions marks anyway as to how a junior minister garnered so much clout over Johnson/Cummings to get in to Number 11. I suppose the guys who backed Brexit and who backed Johnson over Brexit took a gamble and it has paid off big time. If it had gone the other way, most of these guys in plum cabinet seats would probably not even be in politics.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Regards COE, if Sajid hadnt resigned it would have taken quite a few years before it was available.
              Sajid worked his arse off in the City.

Still a question why would he get selected to be an MP?

As for Rishi his selection as MP is now pretty obvious for me...

"Assumed office 7 May 2015
              Preceded by William Hague"

Yeah like that seat would just happen to go to him...

Comment

Sajid worked his arse off in the City.

Still a question why would he get selected to be an MP?

As for Rishi his selection as MP is now pretty obvious for me...

"Assumed office 7 May 2015
                Preceded by William Hague"

Yeah like that seat would just happen to go to him...
                You raise some good points and it would be interesting to find the background of his political life. Who was his mentor, who has he been charming, many questions. He had a pretty good City life, so I would expect him to start up a big hedge fund and go up that way but has chosen to be ambitious politically, which while strange, might make sense if he is being highly influenced by his wife.

Comment

I've seen this kind of banana Republic corruption first hand, just did not want and expect to see it here.

Comment

British oligarchs will be moving to Russia after the revolution
                    I've seen this kind of banana Republic corruption first hand, just did not want and expect to see it here.
                    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X