• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank lending actually rose in August

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank lending actually rose in August

.. at the risk of this having been posted before, I just thought this is just a little bit of welcome good news.

Aye Cyberman.

You were right all along.

Stock markets booming again, interest rates heading to zero, no job losses and now property heading for a mega boom.

I'll be riding the coming boom in the next few months.

THANK GOD FOR GORDON!!!

Imagine the mess if the Tories had been in charge!
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 29 October 2008, 13:00.

Comment

I hope you agree with me now, Dim, that interest rates should have been cut dramatically, as I remember you slagging me off when I had the audacity to explain why a few weeks back.
      Unfortunately though, Brown and Co. have left it far too late and the recession will now be much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        .. at the risk of this having been posted before, I just thought this is just a little bit of welcome good news.
        Time for the next cheap-credit fueled bubble to come over the horizon

It looks like they have no idea what hit them. Idiots.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          Time for the next cheap-credit fueled bubble to come over the horizon

It looks like they have no idea what hit them. Idiots.

I hope that the banks and HMG(through credit guidelines in regulation) will be applying more commonsense this time, by insisting on proper credit-checks and sufficient equity. No more return to anything above 80% mortgages, hopefully.

Comment

What are you on about "this time". Do you honestly believe house prices are about to rise again?

Bank lending grew in August
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 October 2008, 13:35.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              What are you on about "this time". Do you honestly believe house prices are about to rise again?

regionally they will - as absurd as that sounds - where I am in my area house prices have gone up 1.5% in the last quarter.

But on topic, this month and next month and month after mortgage lending will go up - it has to - Political more than anything as its a confidence message and now the Firm has control over banks they have alot more say so.

Next to be looked at are energy firms - that will be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post

... an upturn in bank lending on mortgages is a precursor hopefully to better times. If things have bottomed out that has to be a good thing, and yes, house prices will eventually rise again. My guess is from 2010, which it has always been, but that does depend on HMG decisions on interest rates, in which I have little faith.

Comment

Debt is good!

and I thought it was Greed!
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    ... an upturn in bank lending on mortgages is a precursor hopefully to better times. If things have bottomed out that has to be a good thing, and yes, house prices will eventually rise again. My guess is from 2010, which it has always been, but that does depend on HMG decisions on interest rates, in which I have little faith.
                    that is no small assumption you are making there.

we are no where close to the bottom
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X