• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is YourCo Ltd having a Christmas Do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not clear quite what the rules are but isn't it the case your company has an annual maximum it can spend per employee/director with some tax breaks?

Does anyone here therefore have an official Christmas party/lunch?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I never attend ANY works bashes. FFS, I already have to breathe the same air as the lousy cretins.

Comment

are we around to these q's already again..

jeez time flies

read here from last year

and here for the official HMRC definition

and if your reading this post around late 2009, hi, hope 2009 wasn't so bad as everyone predicted, good to see your still contracting, hopefully 2010 will be better..
      Last edited by chef; 29 October 2008, 15:17.
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
        I never attend ANY works bashes. FFS, I already have to breathe the same air as the lousy cretins.
        He was refering to your limited company, not your clients christmas do

Or are you refering to yourself in the third person?
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...oody-work.html
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

No, incase it offends some Muslims I don't know and whom couldn't give a toss.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            No, incase it offends some Muslims I don't know and whom couldn't give a toss.
            Are you saying you company doesn't hire Muslims? DISCRIMINATION!!!!!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The Dutch tax authorities allow 340 euros per employee per year for company parties, tax free, paid out of turnover.

You can be sure that my girlfriend/financial director and I are quite capable of spending 680 euros on a very fine Christmas dinner.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Yes.

I'm taking the employees out for a curry. Mind you, they'll be docked wages if they're not back at their desks within an hour.

Comment

Yep - Xmas dinner at The Fat Duck for the entire company (me and the Co. Secretary/missus).

If you're gonna be a bear - be a grizzly bear.

Thanks in advance Hector.

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post
                    Yep - Xmas dinner at The Fat Duck for the entire company (me and the Co. Secretary/missus).

If you're gonna be a bear - be a grizzly bear.

Thanks in advance Hector.
                    You going for the tasting menu + the accompanying wine?
                    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X