• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PC World Business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC World Business

Anyone have a business account with them?

Any good? Worth setting one up? How long did it take to setup?

Looking at buying a new laptop and they are coming in the cheapest so far.

I wouldn't normally touch PC World with a sh!tty stick but thought their business arm may be better.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Anyone have a business account with them?

Any good? Worth setting one up? How long did it take to setup?

Looking at buying a new laptop and they are coming in the cheapest so far.

I wouldn't normally touch PC World with a sh!tty stick but thought their business arm may be better.
    Yep. Have an account with them. Bought my Sage Software through them in a spare of the moment thing. Saved a bit of money on the list / consumer price.

Like you, I would touch PC World with a barge pole... but with a few high street companies selling the software, it was the obvious choice.

If I can get off the bench, I might buy a second laptop and make use of the Business Account to get some discount (and may not put it through the business).

I set up the account face to face. It took between 10 and 30 minutes.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I got one, had to set it up in store and takes about 20 minutes of answering questions. Have had a few good deals from them which is surprising as i always saw them as "pile them high, sell them at twice the price to the clueless and bewildered" sort of merchant.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Can you remember what ID is required to set one up?

Comment

Cant remember, but i wasnt carrying anything beyond my normal credit cards/drivers licence when i set mine up as i didn't go in with the intention of setting one up.

Thinking about it - i'm sure i was collared whilst buying Sage too - they must have instructions to drag anyone buying particular items into the business section.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
            Cant remember, but i wasnt carrying anything beyond my normal credit cards/drivers licence when i set mine up as i didn't go in with the intention of setting one up.

Thinking about it - i'm sure i was collared whilst buying Sage too - they must have instructions to drag anyone buying particular items into the business section.
            Well, when I bought sage and something else... the cashier asked if the purchase was for personal or business. I told them that Sage was for business and the other was personal. I was told it may be cheaper for me to go to the business section for Sage.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Wow you guys actually buy software with real money? What a quaint concept.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I tried setting up a business accont with them. Spent 30 minutes waiting for the "busness manager" to show their face then gave up.

As far as ID goes, they need company no. vat no. registered address details and bank details. If you want a credit account with them they will run credit checks first, otherwise it's pay as you go.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I've never found them cheaper for anything. I normally compare prices and then buy from the cheapest of either dabs4work.com or ebuyer.com or if I'm really desperate misco.com

though I must say dabs normally get the sale - bought another desktop (for a sandbox) from them last week - and yes it was cheaper than PC World Business.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Wow you guys actually buy software with real money? What a quaint concept.
                    Developing windows based software for client co means that yes - my company needs to purchase software to work.

Comment

Working...
                    X