• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is it with women and football ???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is it with women and football ???

Kelly Dalglish (daughter of King Kenny) appearing on GMTV this morning as football 'expert', talking about how English and Scottish clubs will do in the leagues and in Europe this year.

She did the (rehearsed) spiel about how Chelsea & Man U will do etc etc then said Rangers for the Scottish title and Celtic could progress in the Champions League. Andrew Castle then says about them playing Arsenal - Kelly says jokingly maybe in the final, without clearly realising that they have been drawn together in the next qualifying round...Talk about someone not doing their homework on quite a fundamental discussion point, which she would have been primed about anyway ???

King Kenny is probably holding his head down in shame right now...

What's with the generalised title?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      What's with the generalised title?
      Dunno. Seems to be bash a woman day on CUK. Perhaps he is suffering from PMT?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

What's the offside rule again?

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
          What's the offside rule again?
          Just to be clear - I will watch the odd match, and sometimes go to watch Wolves with a friend, but mainly for the pies(!) I know very little about football, but more importantly - don't claim to, either. Nor do lots of other women I know - hence, no need for the generalised title!
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

The chav media (GMTV et al) are obsessed with celibrity. Miss Dalgeish knows sweet FA about football, but she ticks enough boxes with the pea brained viewers and GMTV producers, to enable them to get away with it

Comment

I rather like football and enjoy watching a good match. I appear to have no problem understanding the rules.
              Maybe I am a lesbian?
              +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I rather like football and enjoy watching a good match. I appear to have no problem understanding the rules.
                Maybe I am a lesbian?
                Perhaps you are. Fancy a date?
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  Perhaps you are. Fancy a date?

Best offer I've had all night . Clubbing?
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The whole point is, if you are working / presenting / whatever in a subject matter expert role, you should be expected to know the basic facts about what you are talking about and getting them right.

The pretty blonde (which Ms Dalglish certainly is) stereotype image of tv presenting is a prime example imho in this instance.

Comment

Working...
                    X