• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't it, mmmm, marvellous?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it, mmmm, marvellous?

<ron manager>
    You know, first day of the new season, endless anticipation, fathers and sons going to the game, meat pie, pint of ale, will he score? Back of the net, take a bow, isn't it? Mmmm? You know, Mmmmm, jumpers for goalposts, dirty knees, backwards running by the referee, marvellous
    </ron manager>

First day of the new season.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The first day of the new season was last week. You must have been asleep.

Since the first lot of league games we have had our first managerial sacking, the first England international, the first round of the league cup, the first Suralex rant at a ref, and the first Scotland football team disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
      The first day of the new season was last week. You must have been asleep.

Since the first lot of league games we have had our first managerial sacking, the first England international, the first round of the league cup, the first Suralex rant at a ref, and the first Scotland football team disaster.
      Sorry lower league fan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Sorry lower league fan.
        You're forgiven, glory-hunter.

Actually, I follow all football. I don't ignore everything outside "the premier league".

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole View Post
          You're forgiven, glory-hunter.

Actually, I follow all football. I don't ignore everything outside "the premier league".
          Can't be a glory hunter, being a spurs fan.

I must admit I keep an eye on the championship, and Luton Town, that's about it. Always have a soft spot for the underdog. Keeping a keen eye on Burnley this season.

Your allegiance sir?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Your allegiance sir?
            Did I just hear the sound of a bottle being broken against a wall?

Let the games begin!
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Did I just hear the sound of a bottle being broken against a wall?

Let the games begin!
              Only cos I slipped on the wall mounted bottle opener. Hate football violence. Just wondering who in the lower, poorer, less able leagues stackpole supports. Guessing he's a toon fan.

In which case, cheers for Bassong.

Comment

Don't get caught with the small boys in the park ..
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Oh no. not another sports season opening! Te deum.

Wimbledon and numerous other indistinguishable opens, Ashes, numerous crappy athletics things, Olympics, Commonwealth games, snooker, European and World cup football etc etc. It never ends.

In our house I never get to watch anything on TV 'cos wife and no 1 son are watching some tedious sport or other. It wouldn't be so annoying if not for the fact that I am the only one in the house who ever does any exercise.

PS And he supports Portsmouth. I ask you.

PPS I used to support Crystal Place in younger days. By support, I mean I went to two matches and stayed awake for almost one of them
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 15 August 2009, 18:17.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Oh no. not another sports season opening! Te deum.

Wimbledon and numerous other indistinguishable opens, Ashes, numerous crappy athletics things, Olympics, Commonwealth games, snooker, European and World cup football etc etc. It never ends.

In our house I never get to watch anything on TV 'cos wife and no 1 son are watching some tedious sport or other. It wouldn't be so annoying if not for the fact that I am the only one in the house who ever does any exercise.

PS And he supports Portsmouth. I ask you.

PPS I used to support Crystal Place in younger days. By support, I mean I went to two matches and stayed awake for almost one of them
                    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X