• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica

I watched part of the first episode when it came out but it wasn't what I expected so I stopped watching.

Anyway, it goes on to become a critically acclaimed series.

The SciFi channel recently showed the two pilots again which I have Sky+'d but it doesn't look like they are going to follow it up with the subsequent series.

So, obvious question, is it worth watching the pilots?

Er, wot?

Are you talking about Caprica? That is scheduled to start in January 2010.

'The Plan' was good too. It makes me want to watch the whole thing again, but that was probably 'the plan' too.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      Er, wot?

'The Plan' was good too. It makes me want to watch the whole thing again, but that was probably 'the plan' too.
      No.

Like I said, Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

Yes, it was very good, I have the DVDs, it kind of stalled a bit in later series for stories but never dropped in quality massively like 24 or Lost.

I would say watch the pilots as they are good in their own right. They were never made to be pilots in the traditional sense.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Er, wot?

Not convinced about Caprica. The problem with any prequel - is that you already know how it ends...

With a good plot, scripting and acting, they might pull it off though, so I'll give it a chance.

Comment

Very good. Keep watching.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I gave up on it in series 2.

Too much religious type nonsense, and it got soooo boring!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                I gave up on it in series 2.

Too much religious type nonsense, and it got soooo boring!
                it got better
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I just finished watching it (did all 4 series in about 3 weeks!) and loved it.

In addition, Starbuck is hot.

HTH
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I found the religious-type nonsense well written, because it provoked thought about parallels with our own world.

It showed you how insidious religion and the sky fairies are, how it preys upon people, and ultimately rules their lives.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X