• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Button versus Hamilton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button versus Hamilton

Rumour mill is that they may become team mates at McLaren next year. Would be interesting to see whether Hamilton can drive rings around him.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009...es-formula-one

Mercedes has bought Brawn

..and they're not interested in Jenson...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Button is the better driver when things are going right for him (e.g. first half of the season). When things aren't, he isn't as good at adapting to the situation as, say, Alonso, Hamilton or Schumacher are / were.

Button is the better driver through traffic - he's had to do it most of his career, after all.

Could be an interesting partnership, but McLaren have a poor history of managing two good drivers together at the same time (Hamilton and Alonso, Senna and Prost). Might be different with Ron Dennis out of the way, though, but I doubt it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Button shouldn't be F1 champ he's useless. Should donate the crown to the genius Brawn himself... who really won the title for him with his early interpretation of the rear wing rules that got them a jump start on the opposition.

Hamilton is a great driver, but doen't cope well with the pressure. He's bottled it a few times already.

The sport needs a new superstar like Senna or Schumacher.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
          Button shouldn't be F1 champ he's useless. Should donate the crown to the genius Brawn himself... who really won the title for him with his early interpretation of the rear wing rules that got them a jump start on the opposition.

Hamilton is a great driver, but doen't cope well with the pressure. He's bottled it a few times already.
          Yes dear. And how well was Barrichello doing in the same vehicle whilst Button was winning those GPs?
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Yes dear. And how well was Barrichello doing in the same vehicle whilst Button was winning those GPs?
            Button is better than the really crap Barrichello ... so your point is?

Comment

so your point is?
              Your opinion is worthless to me.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Button and Barichello seem to have the same problem, which is consistency through the races. The first half of this year often it'd look like Barichello had the match of Button, yet in the races he just wouldn't be able to keep up the pace. You saw the same with Button in the second half of the series, often just fading away.

If it does come to Button vs Hamilton in the same team, I don't think Hamilton has much to worry about. Yes he made quite a lot of stupid mistakes in his first two years, but he still has the raw speed. I still don't quite see it though; if I was in charge of McLaren I think I'd go for Raikonnen.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Your opinion is worthless to me.
                  A well agued point. You’ve been a major loss to the Cambridge debating society.

Comment

A well agued point. You’ve been a major loss to the Cambridge debating society.
                    Once again, your opinion is worthless to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X