• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FIFA- credible or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIFA- credible or not?

Given their 2 recent decisions: a) seeding the playoffs and then b) refusing a re-match for Ireland/France, do you think FIFA have lost credibility?

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Given their 2 recent decisions: a) seeding the playoffs and then b) refusing a re-match for Ireland/France, do you think FIFA have lost credibility?
    Anything with France in it tends to lack credibility.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
      Anything with France in it tends to lack credibility.
      I dont think it's been handled very well

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I dont think it's been handled very well

I understand the fact that the cant authorise the match to be displayed based on the fact that the ref didnt see anything. However, they could have handled it better and come out with a clear statement straight away. I think they have been taking a leaf out of Gordon Brown's book......!!

Comment

I can still remember the Irish finding much amusement with the Maradona handball goal in the WC, so there's very little sympathy here.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            I can still remember the Irish finding much amusement with the Maradona handball goal in the WC, so there's very little sympathy here.
            OK, we should all base our footballing decisions on what happned in one incident in one game 20 years ago?

It took about a day for one photo to prove maradonna handled the ball, I watched the game and it was never clear what happened from the TV pictures.

This incident is totally different.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              OK, we should all base our footballing decisions on what happned in one incident in one game 20 years ago?

It took about a day for one photo to prove maradonna handled the ball, I watched the game and it was never clear what happened from the TV pictures.

This incident is totally different.
              ha. from the people who remember every piddling incident going back hundreds of years, thats rich indeed.

haruummph!

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

ha. from the people who remember every piddling incident going back hundreds of years, thats rich indeed.

haruummph!

What incident have I ever recalled on this forum that pertains to something 'going back hundreds of years'" Who are my people?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  What incident have I ever recalled on this forum that pertains to something 'going back hundreds of years'" Who are my people?
                  Personally, I sympathise with the Irish. I think the game should be replayed and I think the rules should be changed. Not a video ref though, that would be too disruptive.
                  If the ref asked the player 'did you handle that' he should then make a note of the reply and allow the game to move on accordingly.
                  The player could then be tried later based on the video evidence, if he has been shown to have lied.

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Personally, I sympathise with the Irish. I think the game should be replayed and I think the rules should be changed. Not a video ref though, that would be too disruptive.
                    If the ref asked the player 'did you handle that' he should then make a note of the reply and allow the game to move on accordingly.
                    The player could then be tried later based on the video evidence, if he has been shown to have lied.

You missed the questions I see

Comment

Working...
                    X