• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chaos in London - can I have 5 mins with Mr Crow in a dark alley....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos in London - can I have 5 mins with Mr Crow in a dark alley....

Yet another Tube strike. When is it all going to end? The pavements this morning were over-run with people and in someplaces, where they spilled over onto the Euston Rd, it was quite dangerous.

I am not massively impacted but this fella seems to be out of control - playing with a screw loose and able to influence a large number of people.

Not helped that a lot of my current "colleagues" seem to not have a problem with him despite bitching about their journeys in!!

Oh well, at least there is a smiley to give to the man in question.....!
    Last edited by Mustang; 4 October 2010, 11:55.

Pretty normal journey for me in today - I think most people have made it in to today which is good because if it shows that tube strikes aren't stopping people getting in to work.

If I was a tube worker and knew there were cuts coming in I wonder if I'd take the day off on strike of go in and help form the skeleton crew to keep London moving...

Hopefully if anything these strikes should make it easier for LT to identify who stays and who gets chopped
    Last edited by Jog On; 4 October 2010, 10:35.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Took me 1:15 to get to site today.

Three packed buses went by before I sardined onto the 3rd.

Certainly not as smooth as my normal tube run, but not a major issue.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Bob Crow can kiss my arse. I don't use the tube. I always walk from the rail terminus, only about a mile.

Comment

can I have 5 mins with Mr Crow in a dark alley....
          I understand there's a bit of a queue.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can I just say that I don't really care about the tube strike because I don't use the tube?
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              Can I just say that I don't really care about the tube strike because I don't use the tube?
              I already have. Bob Crow can kiss your arse as well then.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Can i just say i don't live or work in London and find it all mildly amusing
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Can i just say i don't live or work in London and find it all mildly amusing
                  Please, do, I'm in the same postion - London is awful.

As for Bob Crow - why pick on him? He can't do this stuff single-handed - what about all the people on strike?

Comment

Working...
                  X