• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviewing before budget signed off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviewing before budget signed off

So the interview I went for on Wednesday, got an answer on Friday saying the want to hire me but the budget has not been signed off yet, however I had to accept an extension by eod friday at current client, so couldnt wait. I accepted extension and current client (which is long commute and boring).

Why do clients interview people before geting budget signed off

Originally posted by russell View Post
    Only one possible explanation - they want one really unique person without whom whole project is pointless so budget won't be signed off, congratulations you were that person!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
      Because it's easier to get your budget signed off if you can explain what you're going to spend it on.

Comment

Always ask about budget at Interview

I always ask a few questions about budgets at interview.

Not just whether the specific role has been signed off, but how long the funding for the project as a whole has been agreed.

I've worked in some places where every three months we were having to spend a few days to submit some justification or other as to why the project should continue.

It's much better if you can just focus on what you are supposed to be doing and not chasing budgets all the time.

Comment

Working...
        X