• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Long contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long contracts

Idly wondering what the average and longest contract length people on here have had?

I say this as I'm newly arrived on the bench after a six-and-a-half year stint (3 months with a few extensions...).

Been contracting for nearly 20 years now and that last one was exceptional, I would have still been there if HR hadn't twotted about with the contract in terror of AWR.

You are not called John Spencer are you?

New IR35 ruling: Partial victory for JLJ Services v HMRC
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You are not called John Spencer are you?
      Nope, to be honest you could have used my working practices as the basis for IR35 but it was such a good package the pros outweighed the cons by a fair margin.

Comment

7 years and counting....beat my last record of 5 years.

Can't be bothered upping sticks every 6 months for a new contract.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Oddly enough just got a call for a role in CH, five year contract. Gonna ask 1000CHF/day, let's see.......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Oddly enough just got a call for a role in CH, five year contract. Gonna ask 1000CHF/day, let's see.......
            Nice place to be at 1.4CHF to £. When I was last there it was 2.1/2.4 .

Comment

Working...
            X