• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many times (if any) have you been "bobbed"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many times (if any) have you been "bobbed"

Twice for me. Once toward the end of good stint at BT and the other 3 weeks into a 6 month "nice earner" at the NHS Much cheapness.....
    Blood in your poo

Never
    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Never
      Is there a trick to it? Or is it that some people are just irreplaceable ?
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
        Is there a trick to it? Or is it that some people are just irreplaceable ?
        Some sectors are wide open to ‘bob’ invasion, others not so prone (currently…)
        one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          Some sectors are wide open to ‘bob’ invasion, others not so prone (currently…)
          I just got info that IBs are looking to expand global internal risk model validation function in Mumbai - this is highly sensitive function giving easy, unlimited access to most sensitive information.

They seem to spread into highly specialized areas typically reserved for actuaries and PhDs in Maths.

Comment

I bobbed a bob once. Well, kinda.

Got bought in and worked alongside the bobs. The bob company lost their contract with the client, and client recommended to the bob company's replacement to have words to keep me for my services.

Only lasted a day though.
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
              The bob company lost their contract with the client, and client recommended to the bob company's replacement to have words to keep me for my services.
              but ... hope that the contract did not go to another bobco ?
              Last edited by mos; 21 March 2012, 12:33.

Comment

I just got info that IBs are looking to expand global internal risk model validation function in Mumbai - this is highly sensitive function giving easy, unlimited access to most sensitive information.

They seem to spread into highly specialized areas typically reserved for actuaries and PhDs in Maths.
                No one is ever irreplaceable.

Anyway, IMHO it’s a only a matter of time before a major ‘bob’ project results in a huge global security breech just to add the current financial woes.
                one day at a time

Comment

but ... hope that the contract did not go to another bobco ?
                  It went to a Spanish firm.
                  Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by kingcook View Post
                    It went to a Spanish firm.
                    Bobo mucho cheapo

Comment

Working...
                    X