• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women doing it all not having it all

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women doing it all not having it all

Women are 'doing it all, not having it all' - Telegraph

Well if they want equality in the office but to be in charge of the kids at home then what do they expect?

Time for equal rights for fathers in the home.

Modern women do not feel like they have it all – they feel they are doing it all, a survey has found.
    Mothers said they struggled to juggle their careers with their family life and felt stressed out at work and at home as a result.
    They also said they felt under pressure to maintain their appearances and keep in shape, on top of all their other responsibilities.
    Sounds like every bloke I know. Equality is a reality at last.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm keeping out of this thread.

Comment

The survey was commissioned by Asda.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I need an wife upgrade by these standards or at least wife re-training.
          As long as they don't get rid of the golf ball - hosepipe bench mark!
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I love my wife and don't take anything she does for granted.

My opinion is that there is no such thing as equality or a "Choice" for women , in the women's rights meaning.

All it really was was a well intentioned movement that resulted in job security falling due to generation of part time work for women to fill , often at lesser rate, and certainly with lesser rights at work. This was "paid for" with Full time jobs that were split up into Part time windows.

Now we have equality in that we are both wage slaves - the fact it takes 2 parents working to keep a house running speaks volumes with some of the issues we have had with yoof in the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              I'm keeping out of this thread.
              Me 'n all.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                Now we have equality in that we are both wage slaves - the fact it takes 2 parents working to keep a house running speaks volumes with some of the issues we have had with yoof in the last 20 years.
                WHS.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

This is what happens when you give women the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    Most couples end up buying a house using their combined earnings, which then means that they both have to work to keep up the mortgage payments and still have a quality of life.

Just buy a cheaper house
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X