• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Message FAO: Shimano 105

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Private Message FAO: Shimano 105

Morning Shim,

as you'll late last year I bought his and hers mountain bikes me and the Mrs.

Nice ones too Scott, mines the Spark 50.

Well according to the bike computer on my one, in that time the machine has done 11 kilometres.

Took it for a ride last weekend, with the Mrs and MB03 and MB04 and as I peddled it gradually got harder and harder until the point I said to the Mrs I gotta take this piece of poo back home and see what's up with it.

The back brake disc was red hot and the brake was getting applied more and more until such that I had to walk the bik cos the back wheel was locked up

Got it back home, covered the disc brake assembly in wd40, took it off, played with squeezing the lever, and spraying wd40 and prizing it open with a swiss army knife and screw driver, because according to google the pistons can get locked up

feck's sake

anyway did that a few times, liberally applied wd40 as a penetrating fluid and
    then went on with the ride, the back brakes were next to useless cos of the oil on the pads but at least the thing went without locking up

This thing has shimano blahdee blah and Elixer 3 brakes.

what's the point of this expensive bike technology if it doesn't work ? I'd rather have the old fashioned brakes.

There we are another day in the life of MB.

Rant officially over.

Milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Morning Shim,

as you'll late last year I bought his and hers mountain bikes me and the Mrs.

Nice ones too Scott, mines the Spark 50.

Well according to the bike computer on my one, in that time the machine has done 11 kilometres.

Took it for a ride last weekend, with the Mrs and MB03 and MB04 and as I peddled it gradually got harder and harder until the point I said to the Mrs I gotta take this piece of poo back home and see what's up with it.

The back brake disc was red hot and the brake was getting applied more and more until such that I had to walk the bik cos the back wheel was locked up

Got it back home, covered the disc brake assembly in wd40, took it off, played with squeezing the lever, and spraying wd40 and prizing it open with a swiss army knife and screw driver, because according to google the pistons can get locked up

feck's sake

anyway did that a few times, liberally applied wd40 as a penetrating fluid and
    then went on with the ride, the back brakes were next to useless cos of the oil on the pads but at least the thing went without locking up

This thing has shimano blahdee blah and Elixer 3 brakes.

what's the point of this expensive bike technology if it doesn't work ? I'd rather have the old fashioned brakes.

There we are another day in the life of MB.

Rant officially over.

Milan.
    Well, you will buy cheap crap.

Comment

Afternoon old chap.

How's life treating you ?

.Net rolls on eh.

Extended to the end of the year now.

What about you.

All the best.

Milan.

Comment

Drop the wheel out
        Stick something between the pads and wiggle to push them back in
        They are probably self adjusting, have a look on the avid site for the instructions.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Afternoon old chap.

How's life treating you ?

.Net rolls on eh.

Extended to the end of the year now.

What about you.

All the best.

Milan.
          Well done on the extension!

We've just brought two more products to market, the biggy will be towards December when our sub 5us prototype gets shown to the big boys. We reckon that by the time we've ironed out the bugs we'll be sub 3us.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Working...
          X