• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working away from home - eating healthily

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working away from home - eating healthily

How do you lot eat healthily when away from home?

I'm in a BandB so no option to prepare my own food. I know that the way to go is to have my main meal at lunch time then have a pot noodle or a salad at night.

I just can't do that - I have to go to beddy byes on a full tum!

So far this week I've had scampi in the basket, Chinese, Indian and tonight I'm headed up the fish and chippery. Not exactly healthy.

te there any healthier dining out options? Cmon I need some inspiration.

Local Waitrose? I've put together some delicious meals from stuff you dont have to cook, from Waitrose. M&S would work too.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
      Local Waitrose? I've put together some delicious meals from stuff you dont have to cook, from Waitrose. M&S would work too.
      Go on then...

Comment

You're bringing stinky takeaway food back to the B&B to eat out of the boxes in your bedroom?

Classy.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You're bringing stinky takeaway food back to the B&B to eat out of the boxes in your bedroom?

Classy.
          Some B&Bs have kitchen areas with microwave, sink etc. I stayed in one a couple of weeks back.

Comment

I always travel, if driving, with a little camp stove and one pot. It's amazing what you can cook, even in hotel rooms with just that.

Shouldn't be going to bed with a full stomach. The french don't tend to eat much in the evening, and most defintely no carbs.

In London, there's a healthy food chain where you can buy hi protein and veg meals, with low or no carbs. It's what I tend to do up there. Brekkies always a boiled/poached egg of sorts. Again, easily done in a kettle.

Comment

Ditch the B&B, find a room. SPARE ROOM for flatshare, house share, flat share & rooms for rent

Comment

Weatherspoons do low fat & veggie meals with a pint.

Most of the supermarkets do premade salads & veg.

Get a thermos and cook at clients then take home.

If you have a Kettle Cous Cous is dead easy. Chop some tomatoes etc and nice hot grub.

B&B owner open to you using their microwave, they probably prefer you to eat outside your room.

Made any friends at work, invite yourself round to theirs and take food.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Made any friends at work, invite yourself round to theirs and take food.
                  Stop!! Look at who the OP is.

Now would you like to reconsider your post?

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                    How do you lot eat healthily when away from home?

I'm in a BandB so no option to prepare my own food. I know that the way to go is to have my main meal at lunch time then have a pot noodle or a salad at night.

I just can't do that - I have to go to beddy byes on a full tum!

So far this week I've had scampi in the basket, Chinese, Indian and tonight I'm headed up the fish and chippery. Not exactly healthy.

te there any healthier dining out options? Cmon I need some inspiration.

You are one sheeite sockie.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X