• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello from the M40

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the M40

To be fair the signs did say there was an accident. But with light traffic this time of night, you tend to assume it won't be bad.

Not moved for 40 minutes now. I must have been in thousands of stop start jams, but I've never been in a proper switch your engine off wait hours for the road to reopen one. I guess I've been lucky.

The guy in front has got his dog out the back of the car and taken it for a walk.

At least I'm stuck somewhere with 3G.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I guess I've been lucky
    Very much so compared to the poor victim of what sounds to be a serious traffic accident...

Comment

They've reopened the southbound carriageway now ,which is probably a good sign. A helicopter circled but didn't land: I thought it'd be the air ambulance.

But yes, somebody is having a worse evening than me.

Comment

Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

BBC News - Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

Comment

40 min is light delays, it could easily be 5 or 7 hours. Last time it happened to me, people were turning back and using the hard shoulder to get back to the previous junction. People who were foolish enough to try to enter the motorway must have been quite surprised seeing cars moving towards them in the same lane on the slip road.
          Last edited by Lumiere; 9 October 2013, 21:51.

Comment

I've discovered that the not-cigarette socket in my car (and therefore my phone charger) works without the ignition. I didn't know that.

Google maps is saying the road is expected to reopen at 11pm.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I've discovered that the not-cigarette socket in my car (and therefore my phone charger) works without the ignition. I didn't know that.

Google maps is saying the road is expected to reopen at 11pm.
              If you're between J10-J11, the Highways Agency is now saying 11:45pm

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                If you're between J10-J11, the Highways Agency is now saying 11:45pm
                Just hope he has some great music to dance to just don't sing too loud.

That's what I do in traffic jams - everyone things you are weird but who cares.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

BBC News - Teeth-cleaning lorry driver caught on film by police

At least he wasn't...

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    At least he wasn't...
                    Sounds like an option if he does not have any great music to dance to

Comment

Working...
                    X