• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Latest thinking on business banking"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    FTFY

GPWM

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Some would say laziness. I suspect that, unless a spouse really pisses you off, what is the point of changing? If they just do what they're meant to do, there's no incentive to switch.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    You’re more likely to get divorced than change your bank... why the chuff is that???
    Some would say laziness. I suspect that, unless a bank really pisses you off, what is the point of changing? If they just do what they're meant to do, there's no incentive to switch.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Yep. It's all mostly automated now. Just use the Current Account Switching Service, run by BACS

The Current Account Switch Service - your guarantee to a successful switch
    You’re more likely to get divorced than change your bank... why the chuff is that???

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Jesus’s the whole point of account switching is, the new bank moves all your DD for you within 7 days

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Yep. It's all mostly automated now. Just use the Current Account Switching Service, run by BACS

The Current Account Switch Service - your guarantee to a successful switch

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
    I have been thinking about moving away from tide myself... But the hassle of moving all the cash over and recreating all the DD payments.. is it worth it?
    Jesus’s the whole point of account switching is, the new bank moves all your DD for you within 7 days

Leave a comment:

• cannon999
    replied
    I have been thinking about moving away from tide myself... But the hassle of moving all the cash over and recreating all the DD payments.. is it worth it?

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by ensignia View Post
    I've got a Tide account, seems ok so far.

They've massively increased their limits which was the big issue with using them a few years back.
    Got a massive kicking over there BBL massive failure, when invested money runs out, they will need monthly service charges to survive

Also only a matter of time until they get a massive fraud attack

Leave a comment:

• ensignia
    replied
    I've got a Tide account, seems ok so far.

They've massively increased their limits which was the big issue with using them a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• knowsey
    replied
    coconut

I just got email from Coconut bank telling me they are removing the free business banking option at end of Feb...not sure what to do..anyone else in same boat? Are you staying or transferring away and why?

Leave a comment:

• edison
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Ah. I remember Cater Allens services was abysmal at one point and that was the same year I think Santander won the wooden spoon for customer service. I'm sure someone said on here those teams/processes were the same and just rebranded. Bit like Tesco Mobile and O2 thing.
    I think they are in the same call centre and just sit next to each other. They use different IT AFAIK though.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    Starling came through this morning, so all sorted. Thanks.
    Can't complain about them. Hassle free, FSCS protected, good FA integration (pushes, rather than pulls, so updates are quicker too).

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Oh. You do know that the rules changed don't you?
    Even with FSCS protection you can still be 'haircut'. Like what happened to Cyprus banking.
    Linky?

Not sure that's correct. In terms of your example, were they even protected under the FSCS? More like the European Deposit Protection Scheme? Always something to be wary of as a UK depositor. Also, wasn't the haircut for depositors above the EDPS amount of 100k euros?

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    Starling came through this morning, so all sorted. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Santander own Cater Allen, but that's it.
    Cater Allen don't even share the same regulator number.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/-/me...ber%202019.pdf
    Ah. I remember Cater Allens services was abysmal at one point and that was the same year I think Santander won the wooden spoon for customer service. I'm sure someone said on here those teams/processes were the same and just rebranded. Bit like Tesco Mobile and O2 thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X