• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The UK World Leading Education"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Moat people working in producing games are relatively speaking quite low paid. Loads of people want to do it, not enough jobs.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    A simple read of the summary says that it will offer a mix of lessons in business, media and (e-)sport.

Massive industry that will no doubt appeal to more as lockdowns see people reluctant to engage in social intercourse beyond PS5 pals and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by thelastrosbif View Post
    My suggestion was to call it BA Digital Business or something like that at least. Give the poor buggers a chance when they're inevitably applying for jobs as recruiters some years from now
    It's ok, the 5 years experience in a pub serving pints will override the need to worry about what degree they have

Leave a comment:

• thelastrosbif
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    My suggestion was to call it BA Digital Business or something like that at least. Give the poor buggers a chance when they're inevitably applying for jobs as recruiters some years from now

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Thumb injury forces top gamer to retire at 25 - BBC News

Like any sport, you put your body on the line

mi fone did this on tappy tawk

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I doubt that!
    Me too, you could smell the games programmers from the other end of the corridor.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They will teach stuff like business, accounting and psychology.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    There's a lot of money in it for the top players/teams.

Johan '''N0tail''' Sundstein: Inside the world'''s richest e-sports player'''s mansion - BBC News

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Thumb exercises, best deodorant to hide BO, weird beard styles, best energy drinks and snacks, how to communicate in grunts
    I doubt that!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I know a son of an acquaintance who did a degree in video gaming in Scotland and was on 125k job two years after graduating.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Like it or loath it, e-sports are a real thing now. If you can make a career out of it, you can study it

That said I'm unclear what they teach you... business and tech skills around the gaming itself? It's not like if you study sports at college you get taught how to take free kicks.
    Thumb exercises, best deodorant to hide BO, weird beard styles, best energy drinks and snacks, how to communicate in grunts

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Like it or loath it, e-sports are a real thing now. If you can make a career out of it, you can study it

That said I'm unclear what they teach you... business and tech skills around the gaming itself? It's not like if you study sports at college you get taught how to take free kicks.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    started a topic The UK World Leading Education

The UK World Leading Education

BTec in video gaming

E-sports: College among first to offer BTec - BBC News

Working...
X