• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I deserve a pardon!"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    I Googled it but didn't realise I had to actually post all of the stuff I found. I read the first couple of links and then thought, **** it, they can do it themselves
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Cheers! What was the answer, or are you still working on it?
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

I'll just go and Google that for you...
    Cheers! What was the answer, or are you still working on it?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    But how many were charged? We saw with the extinction rebellion they were just letting them go an hour later and they just went back to the spot they were arrested at.
    I'll just go and Google that for you...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    But how many were charged? We saw with the extinction rebellion they were just letting them go an hour later and they just went back to the spot they were arrested at.

Leave a comment:

• hugebrain
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    .. who I imagine would immediately apply the legal princple "Nemo iudex in causa sua" - No one should be judge in their own cause.
    Doesn't apply in America, otherwise the Pennsylvania supreme court wouldn't be allowed to mark their own homework.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If tulip pardons himself and his family it would have to go to the Supreme Court. ..
    .. who I imagine would immediately apply the legal princple "Nemo iudex in causa sua" - No one should be judge in their own cause.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Arrests and charges are different things. How many BLM protestors were charged?
    Let me Google that for you....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Black Lives Matter protesters facing life imprisonment for smashing windows in Utah demonstration

I imagine they'll pussy foot around the "insurrectionists".

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Arrests and charges are different things. How many BLM protestors were charged?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    To try see it from their point, next to nobody got charged for BLM riots, the activist occupied state things, the extinction rebellions and probably most large scale public disobedience carry ons on record... but also to be fair, none of the aforementioned activities happened in one of the most heavily gaurded and possibly most important buildings of the most powerful nation on earth..... so they deserve it and quite rightly so.
    Do you have figures to prove that. such as these ones?

‘They set us up’: US police arrested over 10,000 protesters, many non-violent | George Floyd | The Guardian

DC police made five times more arrests in BLM protests than Capitol riot : TheGrio

AP tally: Arrests at widespread US protests hit 10,000

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    They should all be sprayed orange.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    'I’m facing a prison sentence': US Capitol rioters plead with Trump for pardons | US Capitol breach | The Guardian

Jenna Ryan, a Texas real estate broker who took a private jet to Washington to join the attack on the US Capitol, has pleaded with Donald Trump to pardon her after she was arrested by federal authorities.

After surrendering to the FBI on Friday, Ryan said: “We all deserve a pardon.”

“I’m facing a prison sentence,” she told CBS11 at her home. “I think I do not deserve that.”

To try see it from their point, next to nobody got charged for BLM riots, the activist occupied state things, the extinction rebellions and probably most large scale public disobedience carry ons on record... but also to be fair, none of the aforementioned activities happened in one of the most heavily gaurded and possibly most important buildings of the most powerful nation on earth..... so they deserve it and quite rightly so.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Supreme Court Justices got careers to serve the GOP objectives for years to come, would be shame to lose all that credibility just to support failed con artist...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If tulip pardons himself and his family it would have to go to the Supreme Court.

As the judges swear allegiance to the constitution who knows what will happen....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Trump will now have to pardon himself and his family (since Pence can't be trusted to do it now), but that's it - those insurrectionists will have plenty of time to think it over in a Federal Prison

It would be great timing for the Senate Trial too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X