• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Parler CEO

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parler CEO"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Parler is back, but not CEO...
    And not any of the posts from the past?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Parler is back, but not CEO...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    They are so entitled.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    "U.S. District Judge Barbara Rothstein in Seattle said Parler was unlikely to prove Amazon breached its contract or violated antitrust law by suspending service on Jan. 10, and that it was “not a close call.”

She also forcefully rejected the suggestion that the public interest would be served by a preliminary injunction requiring Amazon Web Services to “host the kind of abusive, violent content at issue in this case, particularly in light of the recent riots at the U.S. Capitol.”

“That event,” she added, “was a tragic reminder that inflammatory rhetoric can - more swiftly and easily than many of us would have hoped - turn a lawful protest into a violent insurrection.”"

Parler loses bid to require Amazon to restore service | Reuters

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Very funny when The Pirate Bay co-founder has a jab at them:

Pirate Bay co-founder criticises Parler for its lack of resilience • The Register

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What has Amazon got to do with the death threats? Did Amazon itself, it's employees or workers threaten them?

The company breached Amazon's terms of service so they need to find a new hosting service. Surely there is one in Russia, Ukraine or elsewhere that will allow them to host their site?
    I would suspect they would have issues not storing their data within the USA. Can't trust those Russians

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
    What TOS did they violate? Not aligned with the same political viewpoint? is that part of the TOS?
    I'm sure you have the ability to find this out.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    we only pay for "official" likes , just like doom threads.
    A mug is easily parted with his money...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Does that work on CUK too? How much do I get paid per like I give out?

we only pay for "official" likes , just like doom threads.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Parler became bad for business, can’t expect for profit business to accept loss when it can cut it.

Leave a comment:

• jayn200
    replied
    Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump

Plus Twitter does not focus on terrorist types, unlike Parler did - a big mistake to try to focus on hosting for extremists

Notice that Parler not even disputing violation of ToS - just tosh about "political" decision and "anti-trust", which basically tells you that Amazon was 100% within their rights to kick them off.
    It's the selective application of the TOS that's the issue never said they didn't violate them. Twitter does violate them as well. Plenty of riots and civil unrest have been openly advocated for and planned on Twitter. Full out calls for terrorism from radical governments have been left up.

It's crazy. I'm not a conservative by the way, voted labour (i know crazy) and have voted for a left wing party every election across both countries i am eligible to vote in. I just hate this cancel culture tulip. When did liberal politics become the politics of censorship, sickens me.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    They removed bots. Apparently you can pay to have a lot of followers - imagine that!
    Does that work on CUK too? How much do I get paid per like I give out?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump.
    They removed bots. Apparently you can pay to have a lot of followers - imagine that!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

+1 - twitter have their own data centres and AWS have stated that Twitter is not a customer

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    What TOS did they violate? Not aligned with the same political viewpoint? is that part of the TOS? You have open calls for terrorism on twitter and they are still able to freely use amazon's services.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You have open calls for terrorism on twitter and they are still able to freely use amazon's services.
    Twitter got very harsh moderating that banned millions of Twitter accounts for feck all well before they banned Trump

Plus Twitter does not focus on terrorist types, unlike Parler did - a big mistake to try to focus on hosting for extremists

Notice that Parler not even disputing violation of ToS - just tosh about "political" decision and "anti-trust", which basically tells you that Amazon was 100% within their rights to kick them off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X