• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "EDL Whiteshirts on the streets of London"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Compare and contrast with the Muslim citizens who risked (and in Birmingham, lost) their lives to protect streets and businesses.
    Check out some of the comments by EDL members on this incident. #EDL member Chris Northeast: "Someone run three pakis ov... on Twitpic Looks like "protection" only goes so far.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's the most tenuous quote I've ever seen 'Had a riot in a cinema' do me a favour.

As about as believable as this

BBC News | UK POLITICS | Hague: I drank 14 pints a day
    Organised criminal damage and hooliganism and you don't give a damn. It is symptomatic of the lack of moral compass in our society.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Your unprincipled double standard fail to surprise. The man incited a riot.
    It's the most tenuous quote I've ever seen 'Had a riot in a cinema' do me a favour.

As about as believable as this

BBC News | UK POLITICS | Hague: I drank 14 pints a day

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Bet going for a pint with you is a real riot.
    Your unprincipled double standard fail to surprise. The man incited a riot.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    See, now you're making excuses for riotous behaviour and damage to property.
    Bet going for a pint with you is a real riot.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Hardly a riot was it. I've seen two years old have a bigger tantrum.
    See, now you're making excuses for riotous behaviour and damage to property.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    That was your tedious link. Here's something from the Oxford University Press website:

http://fds.oup.com/www.oup.co.uk/pdf/0-19-927934-9.pdf

From Churchill by his Contemporaries, edited by Charles Eade, 1954.

Chapter 1, 'The Youngest Man in Europe' Pages 12 - 13 (on extract from linky):

'During his final term he also plunged for the first time into public controversy. When the eminent moral reformer Mrs Ormiston Chant organized a campaign to exclude prostitutes from the bar of the Empire Theatre in Leicester Square, Churchill incited some of his fellow cadets to riot and pull down the screens which had been put up to separate prostitutes from theatre-goers. 'Ladies of the Empire', Churchill declared in an improptu speech, 'I stand for Liberty!'
    Hardly a riot was it. I've seen two years old have a bigger tantrum.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Well not according to the Google searches I did. You've so made this up.

Hence linky please.

(Hang on.... The Dancer Bobby Britt and the Empire Theatre in Leicester Square) Found something.

You are Comedy Dave with a Tedious Link and I claim my free Radio 1 Weekend ticket.
    That was your tedious link. Here's something from the Oxford University Press website:

http://fds.oup.com/www.oup.co.uk/pdf/0-19-927934-9.pdf

From Churchill by his Contemporaries, edited by Charles Eade, 1954.

Chapter 1, 'The Youngest Man in Europe' Pages 12 - 13 (on extract from linky):

'During his final term he also plunged for the first time into public controversy. When the eminent moral reformer Mrs Ormiston Chant organized a campaign to exclude prostitutes from the bar of the Empire Theatre in Leicester Square, Churchill incited some of his fellow cadets to riot and pull down the screens which had been put up to separate prostitutes from theatre-goers. 'Ladies of the Empire', Churchill declared in an improptu speech, 'I stand for Liberty!'

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Am on primitive hand held device so cannot do linky right now. The Empire Theatre introduced measures to separate prostitutes from respectable individuals. Churchill led the riot against the decision.
    Well not according to the Google searches I did. You've so made this up.

Hence linky please.

(Hang on.... http://www.nickelinthemachine.com/20...cester-square/) Found something.

You are Comedy Dave with a Tedious Link and I claim my free Radio 1 Weekend ticket.
    Last edited by MarillionFan; 10 August 2011, 17:51.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Linky please.
    Am on primitive hand held device so cannot do linky right now. The Empire Theatre introduced measures to separate prostitutes from respectable individuals. Churchill led the riot against the decision.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Winston Churchill led a riot in London in 1894 at the age of 19. Presumably you would have had him shot dead in the street.
    Linky please.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    What are you jabbering on about???
    Winston Churchill led a riot in London in 1894 at the age of 19. Presumably you would have had him shot dead in the street.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    ...Winston Churchill, aged 19 and presumably a feral yoof.
    What are you jabbering on about???

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    And the leader of the 1894 riot was...
    ...Winston Churchill, aged 19 and presumably a feral yoof.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You got to start them young.

I'm surprised colour photography was invented when you were three.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X