• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Wanly sunny.

Picking with rain.

Chilly in here at 14.7 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1021.5 mBar, 30.164 in Hg, 766.188 Torr, 14.815 psi, (down from 1022 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    As the sun streams in the window of my office, I can't help thinking about how it was overcast and misty 2 hours ago when we went out.
    9.64km done, and I was 30 metres short of 10min/km, not bad when the first km was 11.13.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Congrats Nick another year wiser!
    Cheers!

Tonight's major motion picture premieres were a Birthday Barbenheimer Special!

First up: Oppenheimer (2023) because Lynda Carter, aka Wonder Woman, asserted on Twitter that this should be watched before Barbie as "he created the world in which she lives"; and who am I to argue with that? It's very good indeed. I remember a lot of discourse last year in which people asserted that it should have made more of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with one bloke even complaining that it wasted its final hour on the political matters affecting Oppenheimer's later career rather than those matters. I can only assume these people had misread the title and thought the film was called The Making of the Atomic Bomb, Its Deployment Against Japan, and the Consequences Thereof; but I made sure to read it carefully and it's definitely called Oppenheimer. So it makes sense that it's about him and not stuff that happened thousands of miles away from him, that he wasn't involved with, and over which he had no control, as is made very clear in the film

After that, something completely different… or is it? Barbie (2023) starts out seeming like a lighthearted toy spinoff, but soon reveals itself as an acerbic satire on modern society - though still fun! The association of the two films because of their simultaneous release dates last year may have started out as an online joke about the distinct contrast between the subjects of the two films, but maybe they're closer in spirit than one would expect… and maybe Lynda Carter had a point?

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Birthday tea has been the same as last year: a Turkish mixed grill from the restaurant across town. Very nice

I watched the Auto Shenanigans video, which covered quite a few places I've never been - for some reason, I haven't been to the west of the county very much
    Congrats Nick another year wiser!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Birthday tea has been the same as last year: a Turkish mixed grill from the restaurant across town. Very nice

I watched the Auto Shenanigans video, which covered quite a few places I've never been - for some reason, I haven't been to the west of the county very much

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Still raining out, though it seems to be petering out. Not sure whether I'll bother going out at all even if it stops

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Happy birthday Nick!
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Happy Birthday NF!

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

The Universe, or this small corner of it, has chosen to mark the occasion of my birthday with a gloomy, grey, rainy day. I'm now revising such plans as involved going out to focus on more domestic activities instead. Might bake myself a cake

Along with the rain come cooler temperatures, being a mere 5°C and not expected to get past 8°, while the barometers are down a little but still relatively high at 1017/1025mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry, whilst picking with rain.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 14 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen & leanto.

1026 mBar, 30.29776 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.8808 psi, ( down from 1026 and a bit last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 20th of September 2019 the lady running the Neighbourhood Watch in NF's old location found that her gate had been nicked whilst she was away on holiday, whereas NF had grave difficulties in selecting some lamb chops when forced to interact with a butcher like some kind of animal (though presumably not the sort of animal that meets the poleaxe).

Shopping trip to Morrisons, B&M, and The Range done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

It rained half heartedly for much of it, not enough to put the brolly up though.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWAO. Some thing about a chap attempting to feed himself on what he can grow. Over a year.

Anyone else remember the Mediaeval Village thing from the 70s? Well this one's got a tractor. And a cow. And two pigs. <- bet they're worried. And some hens.

Veronica Mars S1 E15 "Ruskie business". The Russian "bride" one.

Tea: Mr Brains faggots, with peas & such. etc. Nice enough.

The Mentalist S2 E18 "Aingavite Baa" You wot? Red Water, apparently, in Shoshone.

NCIS S20 E13 "Evil Eye". A ride around for a famous actress. Shades of the Bob De Niro alike in Hill Street Blues S3 E3 "Heat Rash" He doesn't make it out of E4. She survives. . Unlike Jon Gennaro.

Bits of Terminator Dark Fate until I get fed up with it or find something else.

Happy Birthday Nick, since there's still some of it left.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:22.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Happy birthday Nick!

Morning all
    9.something km this morning, but Garmin Connect is experiencing issues so it can't tell me.
    Overcast but dry, and the ground has really dried up, which makes digging difficult, but walking a bit easier.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Happy Birthday NF!

Morning all

Dry, was sunny when I got up but has since clouded over. Currently 5 degrees with a high of 10 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon. Barometer steady at 1028 mBar

On my way to the office.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ooh! Auto Shenanigans is in Leicestershire

https://youtu.be/R0RzaS1bzPg?si=Ru2wiwoxgk7tAaC1
    Cheers, I shall watch that

Today and tonight's viewing has been the usual Sunday stuff: US borders, NZ police, a new episode of Surgeons, and several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Which takes me through to Monday, and it's my birthday!

I've put off opening my cards until morning, when I'll have to think of something at least moderately enjoyable to do with the day

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    garden done, fence, bench made and beer drank.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X