• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Car

I need a new car... I am almost sure this was discussed a bazillion time, I remember recently when AtW crashed his car?? But tried to search for 'Car' nothing came up !!

Any how recommendations are welcome, need something with a lot of space (boot space etc) economical on the petrol and of course reliable, my budget is is only 10 to 15K so second hand .
    Who here has bought the car through their company (please I know all the rules re exclusive business rules etc ) and who took a loan/Divs from their company to finance it personally?

You've been here long enough to know you need to use the search method as described in the Welcome/FAQ sticky. You've been here long enough to also know not to post serious questions in General.

Poor effort.

EDIT : And to answer you question. 2.0D Mondeo. Lots of boot space, uses no petrol and will keep running and running... until it breaks down. For 10-15k you should be able to buy it with lose change in your pocket.

HTH
    Last edited by northernladuk; 4 August 2017, 21:20.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Agree not the most exciting but it is a safe choice. My mighty Mondeo is 13 years old > 100K miles and I have spent about £700 a year on it including depreciation.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
        Any how recommendations are welcome, need something with a lot of space (boot space etc) economical on the petrol and of course reliable, my budget is is only 10 to 15K so second hand .
        Are you looking for a whole car? If not, this one seems to meet your requirements....

Comment

What a boring thread

Buy a new tulip car for £15K and bore yourself to death

Or buy a 3-5 year old V8 and start living

The choice is yours, please post elsewhere in future

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...m=10000&page=1

Trust me

Comment

Pick one with a radiator that is easy to bleed. Or: -

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You've been here long enough to know you need to use the search method as described in the Welcome/FAQ sticky. You've been here long enough to also know not to post serious questions in General.

Poor effort.

EDIT : And to answer you question. 2.0D Mondeo. Lots of boot space, uses no petrol and will keep running and running... until it breaks down. For 10-15k you should be able to buy it with lose change in your pocket.

HTH
                Hmmm thought to search you just put the text in the search box !!
                didn't want to put it under accounting as I will get the usual accounting related answers (company car = exclusive use for business , benefit in kind ... Director's loan to buy a car etc)

will try to look to search functions in FAQs... where is FAQs lol?? as you you know I was on the here before this new forum was born !!

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  ...buy a 3-5 year old V8 and start living

Thinking of doing that myself, though not that new due to the typically fast depreciation.

They'll appreciate soon enough when they stop making them (many already have), and the price of petrol drops to pennies per gallon due to oversupply when everyone's gone leccy.

Jag XFR or 'Vauxhall' VXR8 seem to be good choices away from the typical BMW/Audi offerings. Though the VXR8 is already appreciating due to low numbers sold in the UK, missed the boat a bit on that one as I was tempted a few years ago when they were not much more than 10k, now closer to 20k.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Of the two GM and Ford I prefer GM, I have an 18 year old Vectra and very happy with it, try the Vauxhall Insignia, looks very stylish.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X