• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dividend paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dividend paperwork

What paperwork does a ltd company need to keep when
    passing a dividend to its shareholders...

Does anything need to be filed with anyone?

divis

IANAA

but all I do is make a note in the minutes for the board meeting which passed the dividend and record it in the accounts. (actually I am fibbing about the minute book - I keep meaning to have one but...)

With the old ACT regime you had to submit forms when the divi was issued but now it just needs to go in the accounts when they go to ch and IR.

(Now someone will tell me im doing it all wrong !)

Comment

Re: divis

Agree about minutes (though can find no actual legal requirement to do it) but more important, you need to issue a tax certificate to each shareholder. If IR look into your tax return think these are what they will want to see.NAA but think needs to show date, who to, net divi, gross divi (net/0.9) and tax credit (=gross-net).

PS Mark. You are just the unspeakably criminal type not to have a company plaque outside your door either.

Comment

Does it have to be brass, Xogg?

Comment

For best effect - yes. A plastic one could be a 'disguised plaque' and required to pay NI (Notice immoluments).

Comment

Damn, I'll have to take the depleted uranium one down then....

Comment

Working...
            X