• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the mods and admin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the mods and admin

Apparently I was banned for a day for being to too rude or somesuch.
    Are we now so PC that we can't call a cretin a cretin?
    It's obvious that the forum is riddled with them.
    The irony is you're trying to protect the very people who're quick to accuse others of being "snowflakes" (even though it seems to me young people are entitled to feel pissed off, since the older generation have taken the spoils and shut the drawbridge after them, in more ways than one)?
    What is this forum supposed to be?
    A forum for contractors or thick, right-wing, low-IQ permies who could never make a living from contracting?

Just curious, like Perfectly happy to have a permanent ban if that's what's required.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

You can’t use word moron on morons

HTH

Comment

I got banned for calling someone a numpty. That trumps both of you I'm afraid.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        I thought it was quiet on here yesterday. The forum was personable, people were tolerant of each other, passed positive comments on each other's healthy, planned lunches and slapped each other on the back about the positive contributions we individually make to our families and communities. It was like the UK in the 1950s. Now that you are back the full horrific reality of our post-referendum apocalypse has dawned on us all again and we feel like tulipe. It must all be your fault

Are we now so PC that we can't call a cretin a cretin?

It's obvious that the forum is riddled with them.
        Depends. Is the cretin disabled, gay, trans, female, black, asian, hispanic, Cornish, Welsh, liberal or born in the nineties or later? If so then no, you can't call them a cretin as we will get legal threats. If they are not in any of the listed groups and are at least 45 you can call them gammon without reprisal. Call them gammon cretin and the rest of society will applaud you. You big whiney gammon cretin.

The irony is you're trying to protect the very people who're quick to accuse others of being "snowflakes" (even though it seems to me young people are entitled to feel pissed off, since the older generation have taken the spoils and shut the drawbridge after them, in more ways than one)?
        You agree with the snowflakes that it's the older generations fault they have nothing? Not at all to do with global economics or the fact that they are a lazy bunch of badgers who live their lives through their phone and wouldn't know hard work if it came up and kicked them in their pan-sexual private parts? Shame on you, you big gammon cretin.

What is this forum supposed to be?
        A forum for contractors or thick, right-wing, low-IQ permies who could never make a living from contracting?
        Times change, people evolve. This was a forum for left-wing, hale and hearty contractors in the noughties, all starry eyed at the prospects of raking in as much cash as possible by charging themselves out as way over yearly rates and not having to pay as much tax either! Many voted for New Labour, who then introduced IR35, invaded Iraq and sold our gold. Everyone then realised the left was a lie. The contractors got older, and, as tends to happen when people age, they leaned more to the right, decided that the tories and voting leave was a good idea and now look at the mess we are in! Oh my word, what a pickle!!

Just curious, like Perfectly happy to have a permanent ban if that's what's required.
        You're fine here, you fit in with the above. You have feathered your nest nicely, at the expense of the snowflakes I might add, and despite your protestations at hating the tories you are as gammon as the rest of us. Not sure about your ban for being a big meanie, it wasn't me what done it. I quite enjoy your sharp tongue and acerbic put-downs. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          ... The contractors got older, and, as tends to happen when people age, they leaned more to the right,
          Not me. I've been a right-wing bastard from my student years. Until I went to university, I thought I was left-wing. Then I met the hard left and realised I was somewhere over the fascist event horizon and accelerating.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Perfectly happy to have a permanent ban if that's what's required.

Pretty sure that is required!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Pretty sure that is required!
              You can't want him banned, surely? That only pushes some other poor bugger to the bottom of the food chain...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No you weren't, you were banned for being a slackjawed imbecile with the charisma of a box jellyfish and the intellect to match.

The only strange thing is that this doesn't occur more regularly.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  I thought it was quiet on here yesterday. The forum was personable, people were tolerant of each other, passed positive comments on each other's healthy, planned lunches and slapped each other on the back about the positive contributions we individually make to our families and communities. It was like the UK in the 1950s. Now that you are back the full horrific reality of our post-referendum apocalypse has dawned on us all again and we feel like tulipe. It must all be your fault

Depends. Is the cretin disabled, gay, trans, female, black, asian, hispanic, Cornish, Welsh, liberal or born in the nineties or later? If so then no, you can't call them a cretin as we will get legal threats. If they are not in any of the listed groups and are at least 45 you can call them gammon without reprisal. Call them gammon cretin and the rest of society will applaud you. You big whiney gammon cretin.

You agree with the snowflakes that it's the older generations fault they have nothing? Not at all to do with global economics or the fact that they are a lazy bunch of badgers who live their lives through their phone and wouldn't know hard work if it came up and kicked them in their pan-sexual private parts? Shame on you, you big gammon cretin.

Times change, people evolve. This was a forum for left-wing, hale and hearty contractors in the noughties, all starry eyed at the prospects of raking in as much cash as possible by charging themselves out as way over yearly rates and not having to pay as much tax either! Many voted for New Labour, who then introduced IR35, invaded Iraq and sold our gold. Everyone then realised the left was a lie. The contractors got older, and, as tends to happen when people age, they leaned more to the right, decided that the tories and voting leave was a good idea and now look at the mess we are in! Oh my word, what a pickle!!

You're fine here, you fit in with the above. You have feathered your nest nicely, at the expense of the snowflakes I might add, and despite your protestations at hating the tories you are as gammon as the rest of us. Not sure about your ban for being a big meanie, it wasn't me what done it. I quite enjoy your sharp tongue and acerbic put-downs. Keep up the good work!
                  Jeez haven't seen such a content free post since SB's last one.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Perfectly happy to have a permanent ban if that's what's required.
                    Better still, why not punish us with yet another of your hissy-fit petulant permaflounces?

They are usually good for a few weeks peace before you bottle it and return anyway like a bad smell.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X