• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

K & B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K & B

On 2 occasions now Buckstewerbuck has been pretending to be a contractor.

SJD pointed out that this id has been used elsewhere to promote K&B and Buckstewerbuck indirectly admitted to working for them.

Just ask yourself - would you trust a company that tries to misrepesent themselves as a contractor to promote their services here.

Your expense allowances are extra-generous thanks to the special dispensation we've negotiated with the Inland Revenue.
    Well he's not very subtle about it ..... not the "WE'VE negotated with the Inland Revenue"

He neglects to say (although may have done so elsewhere) that the Revenue can and will ask the individual to justify those expenses claimed and if they are not realistic / reasonable guess who carries the can

Comment

> although may have done so elsewhere
      :rollin

it's the way you tell 'em

Comment

always happy to amuse ......

Comment

So what are you up to now Debbie?

Thinking of starting up a business again?

Comment

yeah, getting bored with permie

Got a few ideas and a couple of interested investors

Won't be online accounting though, that's old hat now.

What are you doing hanging around and posting on a Friday evening, thought you would be out and about ....

Comment

Off on holiday tomorrow so doing last minute stuff and posting imbetween.

Good luck with any new venture you come up with.

Have you considered marketing - AtW might need some advice and he won't accept mine

Comment

Have a great holiday ... where are you going

Hubby left today for two weeks in Baja, Mexico (living out of the back of a truck ... not my idea of fun).

Marketing ..... now I know I'm full of bull sh!t, but not that much. And I'll always be a developer at heart .....

Comment

the quote about the ''we've'' bit was a quote I took from the Giantgroup website, about what they say about the subsistence claims.

I do not work for K&B.

People on this site are so defensive if anyone promotes a servcie that they are happy about.

Its okay to have a go....but not defend!

basically if you dont praise the sponsers (you know who you are) then bog off!!

Comment

The problem is that CUK do not like blatant advertising from people who don't pay them commission for advertising, which is understandable as it effectively bites the hand that feeds them.

We have a continual presence on the forum, along with a number of other accountants, tax advisers, lawyers, etc and earn a little bit of exposure by answering questions on tax, expenses, IR35, etc, and ensuring that the products we market are top quality.

I know very little about K & B accountancy but it appears you have been blatantly advertising a service that does not currently have a very good reputation with contractors on this forum. You also don't seem to have offered anything in terms of impartial advice on accountancy or other issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X