• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emails containing viruses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emails containing viruses

I've received 4 emails containing viruses over the last few days, two pretending to be from Microsoft about latest patches (obvious bollox as that's what Windows Update is for), and two pretending to be about undeliverable emails to some nonsense email address.

I've checked the IP address in the email header that seems to be for the sender, and according to www.whois.sc, it's from somebody using NTL in Wellyn Garden City.

What do you think is the best course of action if I get any more from this source (contact NTL or someone else)?

virus emails

contact ntl - abuse@.... copy full headers and put an explaination at the top - most isps will isolate the sender until they sort out their av.

Mark

Comment

Re: virus emails

Expect NTL to jump on them in about 70 years time.

NTL are the most lame ISP on the planet.

Comment

Re

Unless that guy doesn't know his account is being used to forward virus's (viri?). Broadband always-on accounts will be susceptible to this.

Is there more than one Received line in the header, that will show that it has gone through multiple accounts/pcs?

Comment

Re: virus emails

The ntl mail server is running like a slug at the moment.

(Apologies to Xog).

Comment

Working...
          X