• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bad service from a online retailer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad service from a online retailer

Anyone get bad service from an online retailer.

I just bought a new digital camera and SD card. Turns out the card they sent was the wrong one. So I contacted them. no reply after 10 days. I then faxed them. I got the reply immediately - scribbled on top of my original fax and sent back to me like that - no cover page at all. Basically telling me what a F'ing this and that I am because they have replied (they haven't). But Oh well yes we will exchange it for you anyway.

Great attitude. Must be run by a bunch of crochety old geezers who just can't take criticism.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

name and shame then
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Name and shame

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000
        Anyone get bad service from an online retailer.

I just bought a new digital camera and SD card. Turns out the card they sent was the wrong one. So I contacted them. no reply after 10 days. I then faxed them. I got the reply immediately - scribbled on top of my original fax and sent back to me like that - no cover page at all. Basically telling me what a F'ing this and that I am because they have replied (they haven't). But Oh well yes we will exchange it for you anyway.

Great attitude. Must be run by a bunch of crochety old geezers who just can't take criticism.
        Had they signed the contract ?

perhaps this is how you should react
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread19826.html
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Contract?

The retailer in question is CameraBox.

Great prices, great delivery (next day) but crap customer service. Just pray nothing goes wrong or you are F**ked.

I looked up their reviews on Pricerunner and that's pretty much the rule. Too bad I didn't look them up until today.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
          X