• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need ascii code/html entity for superscript 4 and 6

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need ascii code/html entity for superscript 4 and 6

also known as to the power of 4 and to the power of six.
    Are these standard defns, I've been looking for hours and the closest thing I can find is &#2074 which gives me € instead of being superscript 4 in unicode.

I've a user wants to put in 10 to the power of 4 in a field on a fairly standard IE5/6 browser, Standard PC setup.

(This message was left blank)

Comment

if anyone is remotely interested:
      Go to word, do insert symbol, scroll down to character 2074, click insert.
      then cut and paste it back into browser field.
      Its a horrible solution but I cannot get my keyboard to do it with any combo of key presses

Comment

Try this
        This is to the power of <SUP>4</SUP>
        This is to the power of <SUP>6</SUP>

Comment

Why not use stylesheets

{vertical-align:super}

Comment

I originally posted the following but then thought it was not what was needed because it is to be entered into a field.

10<sup><font size="+">4</font></sup>

I assumed there will not be codes for powers since the number required is infinite.

Anyway, I know nothing about html so just ignore my ramblings.

Comment

Working...
            X