• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I claim my glasses as expenses ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I claim my glasses as expenses ?

I don't use accountant. I wonder if I can claim my glasses as the expenses of work tool like a computer.

Originally posted by topgun View Post
    I don't use accountant. I wonder if I can claim my glasses as the expenses of work tool like a computer.
    So you're blind as well as stupid. Bad luck.
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun View Post
      Glasses? Maybe. Contents? No.

Comment

No I don't think so. Comes under the same rules as clothes... i.e. :

Yes you need clothes to work, but you also need clothes at other times too so they're not exclusively for work purposes so not a valid expense.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

eye test

You can claim for the cost of the eye test but not the glasses.

Comment

cheap skate

Comment

you can if they are safety glasses, or welding glasses or diving glasses - if they are just for reading the Daily Star - no.
              Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                No I don't think so. Comes under the same rules as clothes... i.e. :

Yes you need clothes to work, but you also need clothes at other times too so they're not exclusively for work purposes so not a valid expense.
                what if your a naturist then you would only buy cloths for work ?
                Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Just noticed the guy's name 'topgun' - presumably they're cheesy mirrored ones for small egotistical people into alternative religions (nb. didnt dare say anything else against said religion or they'd have me )

Comment

Good idea I need a new Channel glasses - will check with my accountant re claiming back, btw I claim for a clothes allowance every year, didn't hear any objection from the HMRC, can do it as long as you are not taking the pi$$

Comment

Working...
                    X