• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Who are you" programme last night...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Who are you" programme last night...

about Matthew Pinsent the Olympic Rower chappie.

Turns out he's decended from the Almighty, via a shedload of Kings up to Edward I, Hammer of the Scots.

Amazing what one can find out.

I like the one with John Hurt where he was convinced he was Oirish and it turned out his great grandad was a big bullsh1tter from Derbyshire

Or the one where 'posh' Jeremy Paxman's grandma was born in a Scottish tenement.

just think in 2 generations SA's children might not perform their mating rituals in the Cinema
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 October 2007, 14:30.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      about Matthew Pinsent the Olympic Rower chappie.

Turns out he's decended from the Almighty, via a shedload of Kings up to Edward I, Hammer of the Scots.

Amazing what one can find out.
      It was a great one to end on - but I reckon the John Hurt one was the best - his face when it was finally confirmed he had no Irish in him, despite being smugly convinced he was descended from Irish aristocracy, and how he felt a connection as soon as he set foot in Ireland, so much so he now lives there, was priceless.

Funnily enough they asked him at the end if it had changed his views on Ireland and it had. Wouldn't have been so funny if he hadn't been so up himself about it.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Agreed it was very funny when his pretentions were shot down.

Actually the one with Carol Voderman was almost as twatty when she spent half the show trying to prove great grandady had met Queen Victioria, turned out to be some random old lookilikey widow
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I've traced my family tree to the planet Zorg. Beware, we are among you!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Was Threaded Da Vinci mentioned at all?

Comment

Working...
            X