• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bang !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang !

Who was that idiot pushing the benefits of bangernomics only last week !? My beloved high mileage zero maintenance Vectra expired with a bang doing 90 on the M6 last night. I instantly knew it was curtains, got the hazards on and made it across the 4 lanes with about 2 wheel turns to spare, otherwise it would of been an M6 rush hour closure at Jn 21A, much fun for everyone.

So the question is should I set my new budget at £200-600, or go mad and enter the £600-1000 market ?

Any tips on hire cars ?

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    Who was that idiot pushing the benefits of bangernomics only last week !? My beloved high mileage zero maintenance Vectra expired with a bang doing 90 on the M6 last night. I instantly knew it was curtains, got the hazards on and made it across the 4 lanes with about 2 wheel turns to spare, otherwise it would of been an M6 rush hour closure at Jn 21A, much fun for everyone.

So the question is should I set my new budget at £200-600, or go mad and enter the £600-1000 market ?

Any tips on hire cars ?
    Would've - FFS!

As for the tips on hire cars, screw the bollocks off them. You should get a decent hire car for £600 per week, long term.

Comment

£1000 is the ideal price band.

Why not try this one (Ford)

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...=&max_mileage=

Leather interior + one owner + 54K miles. Should last a few years.

Comment

Yeah - but it's a Ford!!
        Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Timing belt went, a known Vectra problem, I had suspected something was brewing and got as far as doing a bit of revving and listening but that didn't seem to fix it !?! I must be an expert as I told the AA man it was terminal without looking under the bonnet, took him a few seconds to agree.

Would've / would of - I must try harder.

That Mondeo looks OK !

Comment

I could do you an S reg citroen xantia for £500.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I could do you an S reg citroen xantia for £500.
              I'd be looking at sub £200 for anything french.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                I'd be looking at sub £200 for anything french.
                You'd be looking at a 2CV then or a reliable vauxhall
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

You could rebuild it....but do you want to spend the money?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    You could rebuild it....but do you want to spend the money?
                    It's dead and buried and already forgotten. The word on the street is I might get £50 for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X