• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We need to know...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to know...

...what happened at one of the schools in the Maidenhead area yesterday. The place was swarming with police, pulling over white vans all over the place. Yet the schools won't say what happened (parents are just being told to make sure they know where their kids are all the time), and there's nothing in the local papers or the web.

If something dodgy happened we should be told so we can be careful. Forewarned is forearmed, or whatever the saying is.

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    ...what happened at one of the schools in the Maidenhead area yesterday. The place was swarming with police, pulling over white vans all over the place. Yet the schools won't say what happened (parents are just being told to make sure they know where their kids are all the time), and there's nothing in the local papers or the web.

If something dodgy happened we should be told so we can be careful. Forewarned is forearmed, or whatever the saying is.
    http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser...2398-21901256/
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Thanks for that. Not sure how that helps exactly. I said Maidenhead, not Farnham Common. Duh!

Comment

Thanks for that. Not sure how that helps exactly. I said Maidenhead, not Farnham Common. Duh!
        ahh bollox... google news picked up the word maidenhead in the article but in the wrong context
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

& I don't think "Farnham Common Junior School has appointed its new headteacher" would have warranted calling the fuzz out in force, unless they'd appointed Osama Bin Laden or somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            ahh bollox... google news picked up the word maidenhead in the article but in the wrong context
            So the new headmistress isn't a virgin?

Comment

Theres a lot of things that dont get reported in the news.
              Last week, the whole of Oxford Street was closed whilst the police defused a bomb.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Shouldn't be told so that mass panic is averted, which would otherwise make the security services job impossible to do.

possibly

I recall once on the M6 I got stuck in a delay. It was reported once on the traffic news... then nothing. Took a couple of hours to get through.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                  Theres a lot of things that dont get reported in the news.
                  Last week, the whole of Oxford Street was closed whilst the police defused a bomb.
                  Our milk wasn't delivered this morning!!
                  I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Shouldn't be told so that mass panic is averted, which would otherwise make the security services job impossible to do.

possibly

I recall once on the M6 I got stuck in a delay. It was reported once on the traffic news... then nothing. Took a couple of hours to get through.
                    It is interesting how many news items disappea........ aargh

Comment

Working...
                    X